PDA

View Full Version : Unsure if I'm ill or not?

Avasmummy_x
10-09-14, 09:02
I've been suffering headaches, dizziness, weakness, vision disturbances for 8weeks. I see the neurologist this sat.

So I've been have pretty severe symptoms for weeks but last night was most definitely a migraine. And by far the worst one I've experienced in my whole life I couldn't move, cough or walk without my head feeling like it was crushing , I was being sick and my left arm lost all feeling and went weak. I also had horrendous neck and shoulder pain. I went bed at 6pm and have just woke up now at 9am and I still feel awful. The head pain is still there but nowhere near as severe as last night but I have a temperature 38.9 and I still feel sick have a major sore throat and earache. I'm also really flemmy and my shoulder and neck are still sore.

So my question is are these just my symptoms getting worse, migraine related? Or infact did I get a migraine because my body was telling me something isn't right as I'm sure I'm coming down with something. I know I'll get proper answers on Saturday on how I've been feeling for the past few weeks but last night was definitely very intense and severe.

trish1955
10-09-14, 10:21
You sound awful I would be in bits with all that going on maybe you should pop in doctors xxx

Avasmummy_x
10-09-14, 10:27
You sound awful I would be in bits with all that going on maybe you should pop in doctors xxx

I am in bad way right now. Headache lightheadednes and sickness is back so I've managed to get an emergency docs appt this afternoon. I haven't been able to take my daughter to nursery today :( just drinking lots of fluids and holding out till the docs x

Avasmummy_x
10-09-14, 11:24
Hi Avasmummy

Ive been following you as I have had the same worries as you ~(bit different symptoms) but I hope you are managing to feel a little better. I would say you sounded fluish? my husband and I had the flu in april or may this year and how you are describing it was how we were!
Can you get anyone to help with your little one today?
sending hugs

B x

It could be as my throat is really sore which is the only reason I'm thinking are my symptoms something from an illness right now or is it infact my bt fears getting worse. Either way I feel absolutely pants. Managed to get a taxi to a friends for help with my little girl and I felt ok for a split second then I got out and the sickness came flooding back. X

Avasmummy_x
10-09-14, 16:31
Doctor thinks it's a severe migraine and has changed my painkiller to a stronger one with anti sickness in too. I've got a sinus infection also x

Avasmummy_x
10-09-14, 19:01
poor you - feel better! did you get anything for the sinuses?

No he said if it hasn't cleared over the weekend come back for antibiotics x

Avasmummy_x
11-09-14, 01:14
Stupid doc. Being sent out of hours gp by nhs direct because I've got bad fever with it now, wouldn't be doing this if he gave me antibiotics today 😩