PDA

View Full Version : Relationship worry

Hamster01
10-09-14, 12:13
Hi there

Anyone having relationship problems which is affecting their anxiety? I am married, have been with my husband for 17 years. We have mainly been very happy but last week my husband said that he is very unhappy and doesn't know if he can stay with me. We are trying to work things out but in the meantime i just feel so anxious and scared. I can barely function and have spent today in bed. I take citalopran 20mg and am sometimes using sleeping tablets at the moment. I just feel like im living on edge at the moment and being an anxiety sufferer just makes it worse. I get so anxious it makes any problem i have worse which is so frustrating. I feel like anxiety puts me in such a state that i cant even get a grip on the situation im in.

Tanner40
10-09-14, 12:18
Welcome to NMP, Hampster. You will find a lot of help and understanding from the people on this forum. Anxiety in general can be difficult enough to deal with without adding in relationship problems and worries.
Have you tried sitting down and talking to your husband? What about counseling, individual or couples. Individual counseling and learning to care for your own anxieties will go a long way towards making yourself feel better.

Good luck.

Oosh
10-09-14, 12:56
Hiya

Welcome to the site.

Drag him along to Relate. You can do it cheaply or even free nowadays. Give them a call. Quality communication is the best thing you can do at times like these.