PDA

View Full Version : Fed up! Constantly need to urinate!

little.miss.worry
10-09-14, 19:29
I feel so irritated, upset, and worried right now, for the past two days I've done nothing but wee! Even if I don't drink anything, I need to go! I sent off a water sample for the hospital to check out, the results will be back Monday. Tomorrow, i'm going to do a dip test, to rule out any water infection.

I'm tired of going to the toilet all of the time it's awful! Could it be a symptom of anxiety? Because I swear, when I don't think about it, it goes.. but I don't know :( I also suffer with IBS, sometimes pretty badly so I was wondering if that also could be it?

laurenn
10-09-14, 19:33
Is it painful at all? Because if it is its a urine infection, I've got one now and sometimes I think I need to go but I don't!

little.miss.worry
10-09-14, 19:40
Is it painful at all? Because if it is its a urine infection, I've got one now and sometimes I think I need to go but I don't!

Not when I wee, no :( but I am getting odd pains in (sorry to sound gross) my vagina but it doesn't hurt when I go the toilet at all :/

Fj2014
11-09-14, 10:45
Hi!!

I’m also having similar problems but due to trying to overcome HA have not been to the Drs – I am using treatment for thrush and cystitis to try and get rid of it .

Sorry I can’t be of anymore help.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

little.miss.worry
11-09-14, 11:39
I had my test done and everything has come back negative.. what's going on?! Is it all in my head? :(

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Hi!!

I’m also having similar problems but due to trying to overcome HA have not been to the Drs – I am using treatment for thrush and cystitis to try and get rid of it .

Sorry I can’t be of anymore help.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

It's not nice is it :( hope you feel better soon too! :) xxx

Fj2014
11-09-14, 11:51
Have you had a UTI before?

I do feel like this is all in my head as it's not getting any better or worse unless I tense 'down there' or focus on it.

Weird!!!

xxx

Mdeasha
11-09-14, 12:26
Just some credibility to the theory that anxiety can cause this. (I've had it but only for a couple of days thankfully!)
There are several beliefs for what causes frequent urination from anxiety, and the likelihood is that all of these factors play a role:
Muscle Tension – This is one of the most likely causes of frequent urination. When you have anxiety, your muscles get very tense. This tension puts pressure on your bladder, which in turn makes you feel like you need to urinate more than you would otherwise.
Evolutionary Adaptation – Another theory is that there is an evolutionary reason that frequent urination would be advantageous. Remember, anxiety is the misfiring of your healthy fight/flight system. In times of fear, urination may keep the body lighter by losing extra weight, making it easier to flee.
Light Overload – It's also possible that, because anxiety is a misfiring of the fight/flight system, your body may simply be lightly overloaded. The fear is not intense enough to cause immediate urination, but it may make it harder for you to feel like you can hold it back.
Hopefully these rational explanations will help! Plus as you said, it goes when you don't think about it, that points towards anxiety as your culprit!

steph25
11-09-14, 13:04
This happens to me whenever I go out. It has done for years and I've not really thought about it being because of my anxiety until I read this.

When I go out I am always thinking 'will there be a loo' and then I'm constantly thinking that and then I feel like I need to go and by the time I'm at the place I need to be, I feel like I'm desperate! But when I do go there's never a lot of urine (sorry if it's too much info).

So... our minds definitely can play tricks on us!

moomin3
11-09-14, 14:30
Hello

I can relate to you with this. I always need to wee, especially when I'm out or at work. Very embarrassing as my job involves a lot of driving and visiting customers homes. I always turn up needing the loo! As soon as I get home I have to rush to toilet as I'm always busting. It definitely gets worse when I'm anxious. I think because I know I'm like this I also make a point of using the toilet before I go out and whenever there's one available. This perhaps doesn't help. Totally agree with the possible reasons given by Medeasha as well. I just find it really annoying and inconvenient. Also avoid hot drinks as these guarantee at least three toilet trips for each cup of tea/coffee.
You are not alone. :)