PDA

View Full Version : feel crazy anxiety right now so scared

wins829
10-09-14, 19:46
One of my friend just find out she have cancer again today. From the pass she have 2 cancer she beat it. But now again. All three time are different kind cancer.
Now I'm so scared. Because everyday I have different symptoms. Im so scard next will be me. I really dont know what to think. Please help me.

witsend
10-09-14, 23:55
Hi there

You've almost answered the problem yourself, 'different symptoms everyday'. When you have a cold, you have cold-like symptoms. If you break your arm, your arm hurts. Real symptoms don't change, sooner or later they just heal. HA symptoms are the opposite, they constantly change because there is no physical reason for them - no wound, no infection, no tumour - they only exist in your mind.

I say this from experience. My HA side is convinced I have a brain or spinal tumour, and has been for years. My rational side knows I'm perfectly healthy and that the symptoms I feel are imagined. Despite that, when my HA kicks in, rationale goes out of the window and I start to panic like you are.

It's a small comfort but try to be reassured that your symptoms DO change, proving that they're not real. It's what keeps me sane during HA episodes.

wins829
11-09-14, 19:18
Witsend your reply make me feel a little better. I have few symptoms come and go take turn all the time . stomach. Back. Neck. But soons the new symptom arrive. I totally don't feel the old symptom no more.but went the symptom is here feels so real.

witsend
11-09-14, 19:49
My other fear is MS. Every tingle, twitch, headache, or numbness I get is either a tumour or MS when my HA kicks in. It is so stupid to think like that, but there are times when my HA is so bad, I can't help myself. Then, as soon as it wears off a bit, I can see how daft I've been. I hope yours eases soon, it always does.

wins829
12-09-14, 00:10
I feel the tingle.twitch. Numbness too.