PDA

View Full Version : V anxious post emergency surgery - blood clot fear feeling v sad :(

Cambrian49
10-09-14, 20:40
Hiya, posting here hoping it will calm me down but today has been a rotter of a day in terms of heightened health anxiety. To recap, on Friday I had emergency surgery to remove a Fallopian tube ( ectopic Preg) and while physically I'm recovering well I'm obsessed about developing DVT. This morning I had a red rash on my leg which I can't work out if it's a shaving rash it not. ( I did shave this morning) It goes when I apply pressure and it doesn't hurt. Feeling really fed up that my partner and friends are really dismissive of it " have u taken ur tablets?" ( I'm on Fluoxetine) being the immediate question as if I'm being over dramatic for no reason. What do "normal" people do in these circumstances? Anyone? :(

Fishmanpa
10-09-14, 21:47
What do "normal" people do in these circumstances? Anyone? :(

I consider myself to be "abinormal" at best, but if I saw a little rash on my leg (and had shaved that morning ;) ) that was painless and didn't itch, I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Positive thoughts

Cambrian49
10-09-14, 21:49
I consider myself to be "abinormal" at best, but if I saw a little rash on my leg (and had shaved that morning ;) ) that was painless and didn't itch, I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Positive thoughts

Lol - thank you :) trying my best to ignore it . X