PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Stickbait
10-09-14, 21:31
Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the great website, it has been an immense source of comfort the last few days. Have probably had anxiety all my life (i tend to worry about everything) but this time is the worst. I'm 41, married with 2 kids, and have GAD and health anxiety. Started on Lexapro a week ago, also iron tablets and omeprazole.
My ex stepmother had a very traumatic event happen to her 6 weeks ago and that is what has triggered this latest attack for me.
I usually comfort eat when I'm in distress but not this time.
Went to the GP after thinking I was about to drop dead from all the dizziness, burning in my stomach/bowel area, actually a laundry list of symptoms that I don't remember now.
Had blood tests, ultrasound and stool samples done, found out I'm iron deficient, have mild fatty liver and have 2 gallstones. Doc told me to lose weight and eat low fat food. I hate low fat food...
And that made me worse, I didnt know what to eat so I stopped eating but I also had a lump in my throat and burning up my oesophagus, felt like my food would get stuck. Saw a dietician who didnt listen to me just saw a crying, anxious woman and gave me a very low fat food diet sheet. No appetite for any food at this point, don't want to eat low fat food but don't want to do more damage to myself either. So have ended up losing 7 kgs from the not eating.
Have now decided I don't care so much what I'm eating as long as I'm eating, but only having soft foods and staying hydrated.
I see a psychologist every week and I'm doing slow breathing/mindfulness meditation. I also see my doctor every 2 weeks. I'm sure there is a lot i have left out just wanted/needed to get some of my story out there!
Last night a bubble/blister thing has come up on the tip of my tongue.

Never had this before and don't know why and have not slept all night coz of worrying about it. Going to my doctor on Monday hoping i can calm down about it till i see him.

Thanks for reading and thanks for having me here,

Candy xx.

Baggs
10-09-14, 22:08
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Stickbait
10-09-14, 22:24
Thank you Baggs, so far it has helped a lot ��

Baggs
11-09-14, 08:27
That's good to hear. At the very least you are no longer alone.