PDA

View Full Version : General Death Anxiety

Nathan92
10-09-14, 22:12
Hi guys - I'll start off with a little about me.

I'm a big lad, both vertical and horizontal :')

I have IBS (newly diagnosed so I'm still in the stage of, "oh F*ck what's that? is that the way that should be, uuugh"

A few months ago my nephew was rushed into hospital - bad viral infection... - boom the start of my anxiety (or the restart* of my anxiety) then the stomach pain, and the overall feeling like I'm going to die. Several toilet trips later, I was in agony, felt like I was being stabbed. went to the docs, "we'll take some samples of your stool, urine, blood and will check for colitis, IBS (related markers), inflammation, and chrons'?. all came back well apart from the IBS related markers. around the time my nephew had the bad viral infection I caught a little bit of it (probably due to low immune system (because of the anxiety).

(always amazes me that something in your noggin can cause so many physical issues)

this virus.. my body must be still fighting it off. All my bloods came back fine, (bar some abnormalities in my liver (some sort of protein?)) but I started to get these pin prick dots (purpley red) due to my anxiety I panicked, oh I'm dying.. I have septicemia, or leukemia.. (I don't but in my mind im still not 100% sure).

anyways, the rash isn't a major one.. it isn't everywhere, they are placed randomly upper torso, some down on my feet / legs) aren't itchy or nothing, and the doc said to me "oh those, I have loads of them so you'll be fine" (grrr)

so as time went on I started to get pains in my head (btw I have a little ADHD, so I find it difficult to stay on topic / keep organised so I apologise if this thread is all over the place.)

The pains in my head - forehead, under my eyes, side of head. I said "look Doc, you don't just walk into a store, and buy plutonium" :')

I said to him.. it hurts and he gave me some antihistamines and said off on your merry way (what actually happened was I rang the GP he said oh here you can have this prescription (no physical examination)

anyways it was a 14 day course.. 8 days into it I was still having the pain so I rang back up and he instantly said "oh it's sinusitis here have some antibiotics (doxycycline 100mg 2 x on the first day and 1 a day for 7 days" - great I thought, and yes Great they were...

I had some nice side effects - waking up in the middle of the night as if someone had poured a bucket of water over me - but I'm a big lad I can deal with that.. the strangest one was I checked my temperature (quite often) it's normally about 36.8 - 37.2, anyways.. with these antibiotics it was 36.1 / 36.4 ( I didn't feel cold, but I felt like I was burning inside) so I said look doc is it normal "oh if you can deal with it, its nothing to worry about, if not then stop them" so I carried on..

I finish the 7 day course (last wednesday) I was fine until monday morning then it hit me again, so they prescribed another course... (same dose same amount) but inbetween that (from thursday to monday) my temperature was back up to normal.

started these antibiotics on tuesday, its back down again (genuinely concerned if I'm honest... but as with any infection for me I go dizzy, achy, heart rate goes super fast (96-102bpm (thats normal though so yeah but it still feels fast)

overall - this whole long winded thread was to ask if anyone else has issues similar to this (whether it be the reddy purple pin pricks - petechia?, the issues with doxycycline (temperature wise) and the feeling like my doctor is missing something (even though my CBC has been normal every time (complete blood count / bloods overall) (I've had like 3 sets taken in the last 4 month) so yeah.... I'm a burden to the NHS :s

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

to add - (you can merge if you like mod)

I hate google. google can die for all I care. every time I search something.. I always get "seek urgent medical attention"... NHS 111 lady called Jacqueline spoke to her that many times she said look you need to speak to your doctor because you have really bad health anxiety.

I google, low temperature with antibiotics and it comes up "septicemia seek urgent medical attention" and then I start to feel worse because I'm panicking and its just a mahoosive vicious cycle :(

thank you for your time! :hugs:

trish1955
11-09-14, 10:03
Right this minute I am feeling panicky as thinking I am about to die all because I got up stiff as a board and can't think straight with the stiffness in my shoulder and neck x/xx