PDA

View Full Version : Need to calm down - horrible video :'(

Katie_cupcakes
11-09-14, 00:07
Somebody posted one of these trick videos on Facebook. Where you innocently watch what you think is just a normal clip of something and then this terrifying face screams out the screen at you.

I'm lying in my bed in the dark and now I'm shaking. Felt like my heart had stopped and I couldn't breathe for a minute.

I know it was just some idiot with no other form of wit trying to be funny but it's really got me. I'm too scared to move. I feel like a child being scared by that.

Trying to calm down and couldn't think of anything else but to come on here.

Carnation
11-09-14, 01:07
I have seen this Katie cupcakes. It is not nice, but it just a pathetic joke. Try to distract yourself by doing something to take your mind off of this. Can you watch some TV for a while, or just stay online and browse the forum until the thought goes out of your head. This feeling will pass and you will be ok. :)

MyNameIsTerry
11-09-14, 02:24
Yeah, they do make you jump at first.

It can't harm you, its just a video clip and its just triggered the anxiety that was already there so rationalise with it. Do something that requires intense focus for a while to see if your anxiety levels drop.

James244
11-09-14, 21:03
They're called screamers and god I hate them, what a lousy time to get tricked by one too. There are ways of guessing when a screamer is coming and having experience I can normally predict them, but every so often one slips in and catches me.

As the post above says, they can't hurt you and nothing bad's going to happen over this. It's like a nightmare, nightmares are unpleasant and you feel horrible when you've just woken up from one, but that's the aftershock, that nightmare will never trouble you again now, it's just a memory.

VioletWings
13-09-14, 17:28
So many people don't understand anxiety/panic sufferers, and things like that are really not funny when you're in a heightened state like we often are! Hope you felt better soon after.