PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been on 160mg or higher a day?

Emphyrio
11-09-14, 03:02
I'm taking 160mg propranolol a day - one 80mg extended release capsule in the morning and one in the evening. I have had never few side effects - no dizziness, no slow heart beat etc. Just wondering if anyone has therefore been on 240 or 320mg a day for chronic anxiety/restlessness/akathisia, and if so, how did you tolerate it?

Svojski85
11-09-14, 13:37
I'm taking 160mg propranolol a day - one 80mg extended release capsule in the morning and one in the evening. I have had never few side effects - no dizziness, no slow heart beat etc. Just wondering if anyone has therefore been on 240 or 320mg a day for chronic anxiety/restlessness/akathisia, and if so, how did you tolerate it?

I've been on 160-320mg for 3 years now. I now moved onto 480mg (2x morning, 1x evening). :)

Emphyrio
12-09-14, 01:12
That's a lot! What are you taking it for and do you feel that it works?

Svojski85
12-09-14, 12:16
Hi there. It should work for trembliness, edginess and shakes. It should keep you composed under stress. However, it won't wipe your anxieties as they will be with you (emotionally). Since propranolol slows heartbeat and breathing, it keeps you slightly slower and less responsive to stress situations....

You can have a whole-day dose (ask for BETA PROGRANE capsules, lasts 12hrs, kicks in in 5hrs), or the doctor can give you a tablet lasting for 3-4hrs, but kicking in within 1 hour or so).

I've asked for upping the dosage because I started having my anxieties due to stress.... However, I might go down to 320mg (160mg twice a day), or even on a single 160mg dose, provided that my new antidepressant kicks in.