PDA

View Full Version : Headaches and muscle twitching

steph25
11-09-14, 06:34
For the last 3-4 months I have been suffering with headaches practically every day. They aren't severe and will come and go throughout the day.

I have seen more than one doctor and they say that it's tension headaches but they just aren't going. Now for the last five weeks I've been getting twitches. It started off in my arms and hands and I saw a different doctor and she said she didn't think it was serious but to come back in about a month.

The twitches went away for a week or so after that, so I thought it was just my anxiety but I went back to the doctors with anxiety issues and he put me on a anti depressent (Sertraline) and the muscle twitches have been back these past two weeks and different from before, they're all over my body. I've had them in my arms, mainly my right hand, sometimes my legs and I'm still getting daily headaches.

I'm terrified and don't know what to do. I keep on thinking it's a brain tumour because of the headaches and twitching.

Beckie4567
11-09-14, 07:43
I get twitching all the time it's definitely anxiety as wen I don't think about them or relax I don't notice them I'm sure your fine Hun x

wnsos
11-09-14, 08:59
I get twitching as well, particularly when I focus on it. It's horrible but anxiety can absolutely be to fault for all of these things. The hardest thing in the world seems to be ignoring them but you can do it xx try slowly at first by thinking, "this will stop" and do something you enjoy. :hugs:

Dolphin8808
11-09-14, 09:30
I have the daily headaches and twitching too.... I also take steraline. I also get twitching IN my ear, crazy right? Lol not uncommon for us anxious ones

steph25
11-09-14, 12:56
Thank you so much all of you, that makes me feel better.

The headaches come and go and so does the twitching, like you say, when you think about it. So it must be my anxiety.

I'm waiting for a psychiatrist to get back to me about CBT so I'm hoping that will work to try and get me to control it.