PDA

View Full Version : New to Sertraline

Jang
11-09-14, 09:45
Hi
I've been on this medication (50mg) for 2 weeks now and after some pretty horrendous side effects, extreme fatigue, nausea, headache and depression. I did not want to and physically could not do the usual normal day to day stuff. I came very close to not taking that morning tablet a couple of times but (Stick with it if you're early days) it really does get better. I felt a great improvement by day 10, the sun was shinning again and I was out and about. I'm taking the medication for social anxiety and low mood. I just want to warn people who are considering drinking on this medication. It's probably best not to. I had just 2 gin and tonics the night before last and I spent the night a nervous, twitchy mess and experiencing the side effects I thought I'd got over. I slept ok last night but still feel a bit spaced out today. I won't be drinking again. Anyone else had the same issue?

ray52
11-09-14, 18:00
Hi Jang and :welcome: to the forum, I went alcohol free for 9 months when I first started my tablets but treat myself to one small drink now and again. You just to drink the tonic only now :weep: