PDA

View Full Version : headaches.. etc

halfwayhome
27-12-06, 08:15
Hi..

I just thought I'd share an update.

My headaches have been getting WORSE. I get them daily, but they're not getting any worse and they're not always there so I'm trying to not worry about a brain tumor as I've been told by two doctors it's not a brain tumor. (No cat scans done, but three neurological exams.)
Meanwhile, my other symptoms are achey joints, stiff and sore neck, and lately a weirdness in my mouth.. like my tongue and jaw and teeth hurt. Everything just HURTS. I'm so tired of this.

I'm curious about whether anxiety can cause these symptoms or not. Does anyone know? I have ear problems - I have my entire life and that affects my balance and sometimes makes me feel a bit dizzy, but these symptoms are mostly new to me.

Anyway, before my health anxiety gets out of control, I was just wondering if anyone else has experiences these things before.. and also, does anyone have suggestions in regards to, if this IS anxiety, how to make it.. stop? I don't want to keep taking painkillers everyday.. it can't be good for me. I've tried excercising lightly, even just walking, but my head usually hurts too much to do much. Any other ideas?

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

nomorepanic
27-12-06, 13:49
I think I good neck massage and a scalp massage will really help.

You are probably holding a lot of tension in those areas.

Also you could be clenching your teeth and that will cause the mouth and jaw pains.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

byronhinson
27-12-06, 14:31
Not sure if this helps or not, but do you have any nasal problems, I have chronic sinusitus and I get similar problems that you mention. No one would even know I had it. Upper teeth hurting is a common symptom of that too, as is aching joints, especially neck ache as people don't realise just how many sinus points there are around the head.

EmmaJane
27-12-06, 15:12
Hi, This is one of my biggest symptoms with anxiety and stress, all what you describe here. I use hot water bottles to releive the tension. I am also a Master Reiki Practitioner, so that helps. Definately a tension problem. Try not to worry and you may find it eases.

broadband.cyphus.com, switchboard.cyphus.com
There are many ways to stay in touch.

Keep focused, keep positive. Emma x

feels_like_home
27-12-06, 17:28
Hi,
Anxiety causes so much muscle tension that it causes us pain all over. I see a psychologist once a month. She asked me to pay attention to the tension (clenching me jaw, clenching my fists etc) in my muscles. The only thing I knew I did was clench my jaw, but after watching for thses things, I learned that I have tension all over my body. She said the tension causes the pain that I feel and causes more anxiety. She said that the brain does a scan of the body and when we are tense it tells us something is wrong and we go into fight or flight mode (anxiety). Now that I am aware of this I force myself to let my muscles relax. Now when my brain does a scan of my body it finds less tension, which means less anxiety. I hope this makes sense and helps a bit.
Take care,
Michelle

reddevil
27-12-06, 18:39
Hi,

Headaches are what started off my anxiety.

I did not belive at first that they were caused because of anxiety / stress and I thought that there must be a tumour of some kind, which is causing the pain.

I had this headache 24/7 for three years, which the doctor subscribed me some tablets, which took the headache from being 10/10 to 4/10.

When I get another symtom to worry about, the headaches vanish.

Red

Dex
28-12-06, 00:02
Hi
I've got all the symptoms you mention...and a few more as well ! The muscle tension in my back, shoulders and neck drive me crazy cos I'm always stiff and in pain with it. My neck "creaks" when I move fast. No pain killers seem to work very well so I tend to have a hot soak every night now and it gives me some releif for a few hours. Sitting at this laptop doesn't help either cos it feels like RSI now.

I've seen many DRs relating to the brain tumor theory so can deffinately relate with you on that one. I've had no MRI or CAT scan, just basically examined from head to toe and told it's depression ! My worries are bit more deeper than most because a few years ago I was my Mothers full time carer for 3 months when she was diagnosed with a brain tumour. I took 3 months off work to do it so she could be at home and not in a hospice. I lived it 24/7 for those 3 months and guess somehow it's caught up with me and bitten me on the arse big time and not realised it till now.

It's worried me for along time now but have begun to accept that perhaps it is depression and anxiety that is making me feel this way. The ear problems will certainly cause you to feel dizzy and off balance. I've suffered with ear problems over the years and some hearing loss through my work and I now have full blown Tinnitus in one ear brought on by stress and a combination of meds (or so the experts tell me anyway). Most days I feel a bit dizzy,confused and feel like I'm walking home from the pub, but I've been told so many times that it's the combination of ear/anxiety even when I began to think it may be MS.

It's easy to say not to worry too much cos it's anxiety, but it's easier said than done. All I can say is that I have now seen 10 DR's at various times over the last 4 months or so and all of them basically put it down to a state of mind. Hope this helps. ;)