PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

Aaron1976
11-09-14, 20:01
Hey all. I'm Aaron and i just turned 38 currently living in Doncaster UK, Since 2008 i have struggled with Depression and have taken Citalopram and then switched to Mirtazapine 45mg for around 2 years also fluxotine and Propanalol for times when i really struggled to speak due to nerves.

About a year ago now i split with my girlfriend which really took its toll, however in a desperate bid not to go further into a depressive state i actually gained motivation and slowly took myself off the anti-depressants and even managed to stop smoking (9 months quit)

My plight now is that my anxiety has hit 10 fold, ive been trying to make friends and with no family my social circle is me and my 6 month old puppy (Boon). so now im caught in a catch 22 i fall apart when aproaching new people to the point of panic, sweating and stuttering almost complete mental shutdown but on the other hand desperately keep trying to put myself out there. Its all become so stressful.

So hope is very much still present, which is why i thought i would try a forum which ive never done before.

Nice to meet you all!

aprilmoon
11-09-14, 20:31
Hi Aaron
Welcome to NMP :welcome:

Baggs
11-09-14, 21:38
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Herman
11-09-14, 21:51
Hello mate,

Well done on giving up smoking - it's tough, but take it one day at a time, and remember that a fag nearly always makes thing worse - it always used to make me feel more, and not less, anxious.

Hope you find the help you need.

Aaron1976
12-09-14, 01:28
Thank you i appreciate the welcome.

It's funny but thinking back i agree i was usually already thinking of my next fag before i'd finish the one i was smoking, which did actually make more more anxious as whenever stress was present so was a cig. heh.

Herman
12-09-14, 11:00
Yeah, it's funny how the things we think are here to nullify our anxiety actually end up exacerbating it instead!

I used to smoke constantly, and my mood has improved massively since I gave that (and drinking) up. I found the smoking harder to give up than the drinking, it just shows you what they put in those things!