PDA

View Full Version : flying?

halfwayhome
27-12-06, 08:19
When I lie down at night to go to bed, it often feels as if I'm flying or am on a ride at an amusement park or something. I've felt like that for years at one time or another but lately it's pretty constant.
It's not painful or scary or anything, it's actually kind of a fun feeling sometimes, but I'm wondering if anyone else ever feels this. It's a bit weird, haha.
Also, the other night, I wasn't feeling well, physically, and I lay down to take a nap and all of a sudden I had this whole.. weird hallucination, almost. I knew I was at home in my bedroom but it FELT as if I was in space.. and inside a snow globe. I know, totally weird. It also suddenly felt as if the bed was sideways, and I was going to fall off. Even though I KNEW I wasn't really in space, I FELT like I was really in space.. does that make any sense? My boyfriend thought it was just from being overtired and sick, but to have a dellusion like that, I'd think you need to have a fever, but I didn't.

On another note - does anyone else get really HOT when they get anxious? My hands and feet get really hot, and my skin feels EXTREMELY hot to the touch when I'm feeling particularily anxious. Sometimes, even my breath feels like it gets hotter.

Okay, sorry for all the questions.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

shoegal
27-12-06, 08:39
Hi. I have had the sensation that I am falling.
When it happens, I'm suddenly aware that I am really high up and then I feel my body falling and then landing on the bed! It only happens now and then, not very often, and I assume it is a state of being half asleep but still awake... a bit like a dream-like state. I can remember it happeneing as far back as when I was a small child. My friend sometimes has the weird sensation that she has someone elses body, so I am convinced it happens during a certain phase of sleep, and is completely harmless. :)

kittykat
27-12-06, 11:51
hi halfway,
This is defo a sleep related thing, i too have had this since my childhood, i also wake up with a jump sometimes. When i get anxious i can also get hot , and sometimes i go really cold , this health anxiety really sucks, but im sure we'll beat it in the end. tc xx