PDA

View Full Version : Feeling numb

Gemmal
12-09-14, 00:00
Lately I just feel trapped . Trapped by my fears , lonely and helpless .

Ive had a fear of cancer for two years 8 months to the date and wow has it ruined my life .

Somehow I feel like this is part of the plan . does anyone feel like they deserve this ? This may a tad mad but I always feel like I've had a good run . No family history of illness or tragic events that maybe it's about time my luck ran out ?

I know it seems stupid but I've convinced myself I have lymphoma and that's that .

I also worry too much about other family members that something bad will happen

It's no way to live and I'm sick of it :(

wins829
12-09-14, 00:07
Feel the same way.

wnsos
12-09-14, 00:09
I think so many of us, if not all of us can relate to these worries. The fear, the darkness, the worry on top of the fear that makes us even more fearful. That's not stupid at all, and talking about it is truly better than keeping it all inside.

I'm trying at the moment to take every day as it comes but in a way that I refuse to waste any more of my life. (Had intense anxiety - general and social) for the last ten years and I dunno. We need to not let it take our good years, best we can.

A lot of these thoughts are irrational. I have them too and I'm sure you know as well, there's a constant fight between the irrationality of the worry and the logic we know is there too. Sadly the logic is harder to get in touch with. Have you seen a doctor recently to quell your fears? Or perhaps looked into CBT? Take care of yourself xx always here to listen.