PDA

View Full Version : Can't breathe normal

Jimmy28
12-09-14, 00:12
I posted here a few days ago that I didn't know whether I should check my heart or not. So I did. A heart scan and an ECG and everything was fine. Now since there is nothing wrong with my heart, I don't know what else could this be. It feels like I can't breathe properly. I don't have tachycardia (like I do when I have a panic attack), in fact it's the opposite, I almost can't feel my heartbeat. It just seems like breathing is difficult. I'm not gasping for breath, it's just different and not like it's supposed to be. Should I check anything else before I'm sure that this is my anxiety? Because I used to suffer from this same thing 4 years ago, when my anxiety issues first appeared.

xBettyBoopx
12-09-14, 03:34
You've answered yourself mate in your last sentence.

You had the same thing 4 years ago with anxiety, why would it be something different now? Sounds like anxiety to me. Anxiety can make you feel like you're not getting enough air (so you yawn) or that you're maybe getting too much (so you sigh to re-boot your system), or you feel that the air isn't going in properly, like it's getting stuck somewhere. They all add up to anxiety. I am of course not a doctor:lac: but I have struggled with the 'can't breathe properly' thing since I was a child and am now 57:wacko: A long time ago I figured at last that it was anxiety but it didn't make it go away because it was caused by tension.

Els

Jimmy28
12-09-14, 03:46
I guess you're right, but I remember it took 3 or 4 months for it to go away, and that means 3 or 4 months of my social life not existing. I couldn't go to clubs, to the movies, concerts, etc. because this feeling is too uncomfortable. I don't have that much time to waste now, college's starting in 20 days :unsure:

wnsos
12-09-14, 08:54
Quell it! Don't let it take another three or four months :hugs:

Jimmy28
13-09-14, 17:19
I'm trying, but it's not working :(

anx mum
13-09-14, 17:25
Hi jimmy ive got breathing problems too feel like sometimes I cant get a breath, yawn sigh its awful just want to be normal