PDA

View Full Version : my holidays are seriously sucking...

peach
27-12-06, 08:33
hello all,
i hope you are all haveing a better time than i am,...
my stupid throat lump is still ingering....sometimes i cant feel it, instead its half mutated now to just a feeling i cant get enough breath..is this normal???? i even had one day where i actually had a totally normal throat!!!! can you beleive it!!! i was so happy that day..then it came back when i had a pregnancy scare, and has not gone away for the last 3 days..ughhhhhh....even though i know im not pregnant now...
my nights are bad too, my partner and i are currently staying with relatives interstate for the week, and im waking up through the night with feelings of a panic attack coming on, and feeling hot and sick...at the time i swear something is wrong....i wish i could just enjoy my holiday, and be ok in public places..its so busy out there now!!! and have a good sleep, and stop freaking out about my stupid stupid throat...from what my doc has said, and most of what ive googled, its not cancer..but funny how we read 20 positives, and one negative, and its the negative we tend to beleive more then the all the other evidence...my doc said i need this holiday too...i guess, i just want some assurance...and a hug....happy new year to you all....and i really hope you are all relaxing and ignoring this awful awful thing we suffer...

shoegal
27-12-06, 08:47
Hi,
Please don't worry about your throat - it's a common symptom of anxiety. Symptoms can include a lump in your throat, the feeling you can't swallow, a dry mouth and the feeling that you can't breathe. It's all just anxiety, and although it feels terrible, it CANNOT hurt you.

:):):) BIG HUG! :):):)

shoegal xxx

matilda
27-12-06, 10:42
I think we all feel worse because most of usare probably off work and have too much time on our hands to think!!!

kittykat
27-12-06, 11:48
Hey Matilda,
D'ont worry, i had this throat thing for ages, now its cleared up at last, but i'm sure it will come back............anxiety can give you really strange symptoms.
I agree with the time thing though, when your busy you dont focus a much. Hope u feel better soon xx

peach
28-12-06, 08:30
awwww, thanks for the hugs and assurance!!!
i so needed it!!!
love you all!!!
throat not normal, but a lot better today!!! and managed a busy shopping centre with heaps of people, and no panic!!!
yayaya, tonight, getting random feelings of panic and unwellness...i find that a really odd thing!!!-feeling unwell when i think about it, but fine the rest of the day...weird, weird body!
lol.....
hugs back to you all, and i agree, maybe i do have too much time on my hands...tho, im loving the time to be able to destress..and day naps

ginger2006
29-12-06, 22:37
my holidays aren't going so well either. i've got an actual medical condition (infection contracted after having a minor procedure) and i am all over the place. Being anxious about every aspect of my health is bad enough when i'm heathly nevermind when i'm ill.
i've stalled taking my antibiotics bacause i'm worried that my throat will swell up and i'll go into shock. hence the infection's gotten worse so i'm now on 5 antibiotics a day.
i'm so fed up with worrying about my health, ALL THE TIME. It never stops. I get the anxiety attacks, the swollen throat, the short breath, the depressions. even if there was a pill to take to cure it i wouldn't take it because of my anxieties about taking drugs.
i don't know why i'm writing. maybe i want someone to talk to who undertsands?

peach
01-01-07, 03:20
hey ginger, we definatly all understand here...!!!
just remember that the infection will clear up.......infections are very common..i know what you mean about the taking of pills too....i got xanax in my bag, and have been too scared to take it....fear of what it will do to me, im very affected by drugs, half a tablet and i really feel it...so take care, and keep venting here..its a good place...

Darren76
01-01-07, 18:17
my holidays have been much the same, came off my citalopram about 4 weeks ago, and have overdone it a bit over xmas, and for the last 3 weeks, my anxiety has increased, seem to permanently get trapped wind and am convinced the heart attack monster is on his way to get me.

been thinking about starting st johns wort as a natural alternative to the citalopram but not sure it will do much. think i need to get back to work to take my mind off it, but i feel like where i am is where i was a year ago and just fruistrated - although on the plus side, im not havinbg full blown PA;/s anymore, just a contiunaul hum of anxiety