PDA

View Full Version : Anybody had Abdominal key hole surgery? Reassurance needed

Cambrian49
13-09-14, 21:17
Hiya, just wondering if anybody on here has had abdominal key hole surgery and willing to share their experience regarding recovery. I had my right Fallopian tube out last Friday and I thought I was healing well but I've now developed sharp pain under my right rib cage. My cousin ( who is a Gyno) says it sounds like bowel and muscle pain but I'm worried that it's happening now when I'm meant to be recovering - my HA won't let me just take her word as a professional !! Anybody else had similar experience and how long did the healing process take for you? None of my friends have had this surgery so I can't really talk to anybody much about it.

Thanks x

nomorepanic
13-09-14, 21:23
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Cambrian49
13-09-14, 21:27
No probs - where should I have posted for future ref? :)

wnsos
13-09-14, 21:32
Hi there, I dunno if it was abdominal (I assume so but have blocked most medical sites to keep a piece of my mind at peace) but I had keyhole surgery to remove my gall bladder a few years ago. I remember a sharp pain in my shoulder that the nurses had said was probably wind cause they have to inflate you etc. could it be wind perhaps? Xx You could ask your GP if it persists. Keep relaxing and taking care of yourself :hugs: and listen to the pros. ( she says after not doing so herself :doh:)

Cambrian49
13-09-14, 21:36
Thanks wnsos - I had the shoulder tip and neck pain too. Just assumed I would have the surgery and just crack on as normal. Keep forgetting that I've had people rummaging about in my pelvis :) my main obsession is blood clots post surgery too so I guess that's what I'm really worrying about and so focussing on every little ache and pain. Once this is over with I'll be back to worrying about normal things again like brain tumors, breast cancer, liver failure etc... ;) x

luc
13-09-14, 22:23
I had sharp pains after keyhole surgery which were due to wind.

Cambrian49
18-09-14, 15:59
Thanks luc. The random stabbing pain seems to be getting less each day but I still keep thinking about bloody blood clots. I just wish I didn't know about them :( my friend whose a doc says ine most at risk immediately after surgery and after that risk is v minimal but do u think that reassures me - no :( stupid HA.