PDA

View Full Version : inhaled nail polish/melted plastic now feeling sick and dizzy ?

eastofeden
14-09-14, 00:54
i spilt clear nail polish earlier in my room and when i came to clean it up i realised it had melted through the clear plastic windows in a pile of envelopes on my desk.
my room was filled with the strong smell of fumes and after i cleaned it up I've sarted feeling very lightheaded and I've ot a headache now.

im scared that the nail polish and melted plastic might have combined to make a dangerous chemical and I've breathed it in :( I've opened all the windows etc but i can't shake this woozy dizzy feeling. have i done myself harm?

Lucinda07
14-09-14, 22:29
I don't think there is any danger. Nail polish has a strong smell & can make quite an impact. When I pass one of the nail salons in town, the fumes get on my chest. In a confined space, I'm not surprised a spillage would bring on a headache.

puzzledlass
15-09-14, 00:57
Inhaling nail polish after it's been spilled would give you a headache! The nail tech places breathe in that stuff all day and they're ok.

lior
15-09-14, 01:08
You'll be fine. I'm super sensitive and I have asthma. I once broke my nail varnish box and nail varnish went everywhere. I had a headache for a bit as well but I survived :)