PDA

View Full Version : ALS / neuro disorder

Dolphin8808
14-09-14, 08:00
I know many have twitches right? I mean, some of us get them everyday, all over our bodies and most people would not pay attention to them. But it seems my newest fear has turned to ALS or some other neurological disease. I have twitching in my ear for weeks.... Primary care is sending me to ENT but it's becoming more frequent. I will notice a twitch in my arm or leg, sometimes in a misc muscle here and there.... It's really starting to worry me.

What to do? See a nueroiligst who may lok at me like I am crazy? Chicken out because I am so scared of a bad diagnosis?
This fear keeps me up at night. I feel every twitch jump in my body and it freaks me out! And the more I concentrate the more I feel.

Anyone else relate? I go as far as to head to the ALS website and read stories of those who have suffered and while none experience muscle twitching alone, I figure I could be that one case....

:weep: so over it all....

wnsos
14-09-14, 09:39
:hugs:

I made the mistake of learning about ALS (I like to be educated) as anxiety's claws were tearing into my skin and seeing the people talking about it and whatnot put me on edge and I started reading wayyy too much about it. Last week even I was reading about it and then Lo and behold, I started getting twitches. I actually had to audibly laugh at myself. (If I didn't, I would have cried!)

Sounds like anxiety to me cos of how much worse it gets when you focus on it. My leg is aching right now and was just twitching. Telling myself it's cause I've only just woken up.

Much love x

Leslie735
14-09-14, 13:35
I did this EXACT thing a few weeks ago. When the ice bucket challenges were going around, I did research on what exactly ALS was, I didn't know. It sent me into a panic. Every twitch I felt I would freak out. I was out on a date night with my husband a couple weeks ago and saw a woman in the store and I'm pretty sure he she had ALS or something like it. That sent me further into a panic, since its suppose to be rare and then I see someone. I have since let go of a lot of the anxiety but mainly because I have something else I've been focusing on. *hugs*

Dolphin8808
14-09-14, 15:36
Thanks all xoxo it does seem that once we grasp something we focus and can't let it go. I am so worried about this now. My only true fear used to be cancer, now it seems I have moved onto the neurological part. I know it's typically not the only sign of something, I get that. I have been feeling twitches in my legs, calf and thighs, butt, arm, abs, etc and the constant one in my ear!! Soooooo over it! Tired of living in fear, and it will calm than flair up. Seriously thinking about making an spot with a neurologist.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

And yup, I went on the ALS site, learning allllll about it, and read the stories of families and sufferers. Very few had twitches but then were always and additional side effect not the only. Wish I could find comfort in that. Just on the height of it right now,