PDA

View Full Version : neurological symptoms taking over my life

karlwirral
14-09-14, 18:22
i used to post on here a while back and i managed to beat anxiety for a while and lead a normal life but now it is back with a vengeance. I suffer with various neurological symptoms 24/7 including

Trembling hands/Upper body
Shaky/Jumpy vision. ( i cant look at anything without it appearing to move)

Real bad after images (when i look at stuff and look away i still see the photo negative after images)

My partner has noticed sometimes when im trying to talk to her when i look at her one eye stays straight while one will look at her like a lazy eye.

Eye floaters, various twitches but mainly twitching legs and arms that wake me up at night as im falling asleep on and off eyelid twitches and a numbing twitch like thing in my cheek.

if i smile for longer than a second (when posing for a photo etc) my cheecks twitch and tingle.

Chattering jaw (like constant shivers that never goes 24/7)

Seem to muddle up words more when trying to talk.

Seem to have a pulse in my upperbody which moves with my tremor.

Tinnitus and weird noises in my ear including thumping etc.

My father has a brain tumor however i havent seen him in over 20 years its just what i have been told also my partners auntie has a brain tumor too and i think all the talk of these has sent me into over drive.

I cannot relax at all. I am grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw 24/7 because i am so tense same with my neck and shoulders there always aching because my body is in a 24/7 tense state and no matter what i do to try and relax i cant. I have just came back from a holiday with friends and i couldnt enjoy it because i was constantly worried and anxious about my symptoms. Constantly checking my symtoms (shaking hands and weird vision etc)

i had a MRI scan a couple of years ago by my ENT doc for my tinnitus to rule out an acoustic neuroma which is a kind of brain tumor so i try to tell myself surley if anything was there it would of shown up.

I am now 100% convinced i am suffering from some sort of neurologcial problem and this scared me massivley.

I am at the stage now where this has taken over my life. I am not the same person i used to be and this is affecting my relationship.

I really need help and i dont know where to turn. I feel like my GP palms me off every time i go making me feel silly and sending me away with propranolol which i do not want to take!

James1983
14-09-14, 21:08
Sorry to hear you are suffering from this at the moment. Today has been bad for me since 5pm. hot and cold, twinges in chest, back aches, intense thoughts that make me think my head is going to explode, unable to relax, adrenaline surges, churning stomach etc. its downright awful. you are not alone! we can accept this and in doing so we can defeat it. we will win. hang in there.

Carnation
14-09-14, 21:19
KarlWirral, Family and Friends that are ill can have a huge affect on the way we feel. I am also surrounded by this and the fear sets in to the way we feel. Any pain, sensation or twitch we will try and associate with a disease and the feelings of dying start to set in. Our surroundings and lifestyle and the people that we associate with have a huge impact on our well-being. That's why people normally have a great Holiday and feel good. No worries, no responsibilities, no problems. Somehow, we need to get the Holiday mode in to our everyday Life. We need to produce more Happy cells in our Brain and that means changing a few things in your normal routine. You need relaxing time, exercising time, and most importantly; Fun-time! You need to keep the Mind busy with lots of stuff to keep those bad thoughts away. You are more likely to have a Panic Attack or Anxiety symptoms when sitting around doing nothing or watching TV. Try to think of some ways to change a few things and see if you feel any better. :)

butterfly00
12-12-14, 08:31
I have no advice just solidarity in the fact I have EVERYTHING on your list of symptoms.

Moscowolympics
15-12-14, 12:30
i used to post on here a while back and i managed to beat anxiety for a while and lead a normal life but now it is back with a vengeance. I suffer with various neurological symptoms 24/7 including

Trembling hands/Upper body
Shaky/Jumpy vision. ( i cant look at anything without it appearing to move)

Real bad after images (when i look at stuff and look away i still see the photo negative after images)

My partner has noticed sometimes when im trying to talk to her when i look at her one eye stays straight while one will look at her like a lazy eye.

Eye floaters, various twitches but mainly twitching legs and arms that wake me up at night as im falling asleep on and off eyelid twitches and a numbing twitch like thing in my cheek.

if i smile for longer than a second (when posing for a photo etc) my cheecks twitch and tingle.

Chattering jaw (like constant shivers that never goes 24/7)

Seem to muddle up words more when trying to talk.

Seem to have a pulse in my upperbody which moves with my tremor.

Tinnitus and weird noises in my ear including thumping etc.

My father has a brain tumor however i havent seen him in over 20 years its just what i have been told also my partners auntie has a brain tumor too and i think all the talk of these has sent me into over drive.

I cannot relax at all. I am grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw 24/7 because i am so tense same with my neck and shoulders there always aching because my body is in a 24/7 tense state and no matter what i do to try and relax i cant. I have just came back from a holiday with friends and i couldnt enjoy it because i was constantly worried and anxious about my symptoms. Constantly checking my symtoms (shaking hands and weird vision etc)

i had a MRI scan a couple of years ago by my ENT doc for my tinnitus to rule out an acoustic neuroma which is a kind of brain tumor so i try to tell myself surley if anything was there it would of shown up.

I am now 100% convinced i am suffering from some sort of neurologcial problem and this scared me massivley.

I am at the stage now where this has taken over my life. I am not the same person i used to be and this is affecting my relationship.

I really need help and i dont know where to turn. I feel like my GP palms me off every time i go making me feel silly and sending me away with propranolol which i do not want to take!

Hi Karl

I thoroughly empathise and relate with what you've written here. I've suffered from all of the above over the last six months or so and it's only now that the symptoms are beginning to wane.

The symptoms became strongest when I began looking symptoms up on Google and the like. Couple that with bereavements in the family and other major stresses during this year and I just broke down.

Only now, through counselling and medication, am I beginning to resemble my more usual self. Try and believe your GP if you can; I had real trouble doing so but until others begin to question your health or your doctor begins to become more concerned, try not to worry. I went through all my symptoms with my counsellor as well and she also said that they're common in people suffering from anxiety - i.e. us.

For example, I used to think I was slurring my words constantly and struggling to speak, but when I asked others this they used to think I was daft: they hadn't noticed anything unusual at all. Your friends and family will, in all likelihood, say they're concerned if they notice anything unusual. Until then, I'd say try and rest as much as you can and trust those around you. It's hard I know - and I still struggle - but that's what I keep reminding myself and I think it's working :).