PDA

View Full Version : overactive thyroid

GadGirl
14-09-14, 21:07
so yeah im now convinced i have an overactive thyroid DR Google helped me.

My symptoms

Weeing all the time before period
Shorter period this month
Fatigue
off balancness
Weight loss ( at start of year i decided to cut out all wheat,gluten products and have went down from 9st 5 to 7st 9)
feeling to warm and getting sweaty
and Anxiety.

I am freaking out cause i do have all of the classic symptoms.

just another endless list of whats wrong with me :(

swanick15
14-09-14, 23:50
Doctors recko more people could actually have a thyroid problem because most people don't realise they have any symptoms of it and don't have a test done, I'd just see what the GP says because if you do have then you really only need to take meds for it it's not really a mild thing so I suggest you just ask the GP for a blood test easily done no hospital referrals or stays.

Cags48
15-09-14, 18:06
I don't mean to be nosey but can I ask how old you are ?

Sunflower2
15-09-14, 19:24
I had/have a lot of the symptoms of an overactive thyroid and the doctors have tested me twice in a few years, but my results have always been normal. Also just to be clear, the doctors thought I had it, not me googling! I have more symptoms than you just all the time and I actually at one point hoped I would have an overactive thyroid as it would be an explanation other than just anxiety and more easily treated.
But nope, it's just the way I am and if you are worried then get a blood test to rule it out!

GadGirl
15-09-14, 21:30
Thanks guys I know its probs just another HA phase and will pass but as you all know sometimes its hard to think of it any other way. @cags i am 24 years old.