PDA

View Full Version : Panicking...worrying...I'm scared about heart/chest

staceypaulbentley
14-09-14, 21:56
Hi I'm 23 years old and I suffer from anxiety...
I have worried Bout lots of different things but for months I've been worrying Bout Heart/chest area...
I get pains and fear heart attack...
I'm so scared thinking what if it's this...
What if it's that...
I read things and try and calm down...I've had cby...I've been to docs/hospital in past to be checked but When I get pains I worry is it anxiety or is it bad...
Find myself checking pulse...worrying about mostly health...is there anyone out there that worries the same...I'm 23 I feel so tired, stressed, anxious I take 30mg mirtazapine it has calmed down a lot but last week or so I feel more anxious panicking again...going docs...Getting checked...
why am I so anxious...
I have a little boy and find it hard to be the best parent can because I'm worrying about myself...
Selfish I no...
No matter how much I try and calm down I still worry...feel angry at myself...
don't want to be controlled by anxiety...
So hard...
don't like to moan but sometimes it's so hard trying to explain how I am...
I always want reassurance off people especially partner which puts a strain on our relationship...
I am sorry for going on but so hard to get whole feelings out...
so basically wanna no if others suffer with bad anxiety worrying about there health and do u no how to cope...

James1983
14-09-14, 22:09
I have been worried about exactly the same thing for 4 years and i'm still here!! It is a case of mind over matter. I'm on an anti depressant called venlafaxine which keeps me calm but i still have chest twinges and palpitations, i might ask the Dr to go on beta-blockers? I am better than i used to be as in the early days i used to call the ambulance or make a bee-line for the nearest a&e, 3 trips in the ambulance, ecgs, ultrasound, x-ray all clear. i am past that stage in that i can cope they still frighten me but i cope. our hearts are stronger and more resilient than we give them credit for that is what i try to focus on when i have an anxious episode and it can have a calming effect.

Clement
14-09-14, 22:38
Your post helped me too James.. Thanks!I still need to learn that I will come out the other side.....I still can't fully comprehend how I can go from one to ten in a nana second with one little twinge. It must be so hard on the body being in this constant fight or flight mode.....

James1983
14-09-14, 23:06
I'm glad to hear that. Don't worry the anxiety probably helps keep our vital organs healthy by giving them a workout!