PDA

View Full Version : Scared going to go blind

So
14-09-14, 23:48
Ugh I'm really panicking right now and feeling so upset. I can't stop worrying what if I am going to go blind. I feel like my eyesight is getting really bad and blurry and I can't focus on things. I had an eye test about 2 years ago and my eyesight was fine I just had an astigmatism and I was told I wouldn't need glasses until I was around 40. But my HA is so bad and I'm having really bad panic moments and I just want to cry :'( I keep thinking what if I lose my eyesight or what if it gets blurrier and blurrier. So worried :'( I took a test online and it said I failed and that's made it even worse. I look at my phone lots and I'm worried it's made me lose my sight. :unsure:

HalfJack
15-09-14, 00:06
I have/had the same fear. My vision used to get really bad and I'd feel my eyes straining and I got a lot of pain in my eye. I know how you feel it's really scary. Once I got over my HA my sight got better and the pain went away, as did a lot of my other health problems.

I guess you know you need to trust your Dr and that it's the panic making you think you're going blind. It feels real, but it's not real. It helped me to focus on the idea that calming down was the only thing that would make my sight better. I employed a lot of relaxing techniques and reasoned with myself to stop the panics and distraction to distract myself from every little ache and pain. Looking up things online is only going to feed the panic,

Big hugs x

So
15-09-14, 00:18
I have/had the same fear. My vision used to get really bad and I'd feel my eyes straining and I got a lot of pain in my eye. I know how you feel it's really scary. Once I got over my HA my sight got better and the pain went away, as did a lot of my other health problems.

I guess you know you need to trust your Dr and that it's the panic making you think you're going blind. It feels real, but it's not real. It helped me to focus on the idea that calming down was the only thing that would make my sight better. I employed a lot of relaxing techniques and reasoned with myself to stop the panics and distraction to distract myself from every little ache and pain. Looking up things online is only going to feed the panic,

Big hugs x

Thankyou so much, you have really helped me to calm myself down. I was really spiralling and convinced I was losing my sight! I will try some relaxing techniques :hugs:

HalfJack
15-09-14, 00:21
No worries, really glad you're feeling better :yesyes: