PDA

View Full Version : Help!

ryan33
15-09-14, 10:06
I've resantly broke up from a long tearm relationship and finally went out at the weekend, got very drunk and ended up having a one night stand ( unprotected ).
I've woke up this morning and have lower abdoman pain. Not sure if it's because I'm worried or because it could be something more serious. I can't get out of my head that I have something like hiv. And I can't go to a clinic because I can't drive and work everyday. 😟

chickpea
15-09-14, 10:25
Even if you've contracted an STD from unprotected sex, there's no way the symptoms would start less than 48 hours later.

You know yourself it's worry, or something harmless like wind/indigestion etc.
Our bodies are constantly reacting and changing - they are not static. Constantly checking for changes will make you more aware of this, but the vast majority of changes are harmless and totally normal - we are not machines!

Wait a month and if you have any STD symptoms (NOT abdomen pain!), get yourself to your GP. Also get yourself an HIV test, but only for reassurance. The chances of you meeting someone with HIV and then contracting after one encounter are minute.

ryan33
15-09-14, 19:17
i'm feeling a little bit better about it now. its just where my bladder feels like its burning so i don't know what that could be, might have to try and wing a day off to go for a check up. thankyou.