PDA

View Full Version : Test Anxiety!! Anyone else had this?

70sgirl
15-09-14, 19:09
So I've been fretting about my bowels for ages and have finally got on and did the stool test that my dr have me ages ago - to shut me up I think, lol.

Dropped the FIT test into the lab Fri morning, and waiting still for results...I actually feel almost sick with worry. Irrational I know but hey that's HA for you!

Has anyone else had this test done before? How long did you have to wait to hear results? I'm sorta hoping I would hear by the end of the day or by tomorrow if there's anything worrying...

chickpea
15-09-14, 23:12
Not sure what a FIT test is, but I have had a faecal calprotectin test which is a stool sample test used to detect the presence of calprotectin - which, if raised, can be an indicator of inflammation or even bowel cancer.

I have IBS and Crohn's disease, but my tests came back normal - which suggests no active inflammation.

Just to reassure you, even though my tests are absolutely normal, I still suffer from bloating, pain, daily diarrhoea - obviously IBS and nothing to worry about. I'm telling you that so you are reassured that even when you have what seem like lots of worrying symptoms, you can be perfectly healthy.

70sgirl
16-09-14, 01:16
Thanks Chickpea. It's a test that detects hidden blood in the stool. Still not heard anything back but my husband was trying to reassure me that I probably would have heard by now if it was positive....have been very jumpy whoever the phone rings, lol!!

Dolphin8808
16-09-14, 02:31
Waiting for results is soooo hard, I hate it! I keep trying to convince myself it's nothing.... But waiting is just sooooo hard and I so worry it's something bad. Almost makes me not want to do the tests!

70sgirl
16-09-14, 03:28
Waiting for results is soooo hard, I hate it! I keep trying to convince myself it's nothing.... But waiting is just sooooo hard and I so worry it's something bad. Almost makes me not want to do the tests!

Yes I know exactly what you mean! The test was given to me a while ago but I felt I couldn't face it until now. That sounds crazy doesn't it?? It took a lot of courage for me to just get on and do it. But once I get the result - if it's negative - I know it will be a huge start in being able to finally move past this fear once and for all.