PDA

View Full Version : Am i being rational or is it anxiety making me think this?

Josh21
16-09-14, 19:47
Recently I have tried to make the effort and make new friends after being isolated for many years. However of the people I have be-friended no one seems to take notice of me or include me in things unless they want something from me. For example they will reply to a text days later or not even bother or not invite me somewhere when I made it plainly clear I wanted to go there.

The problem is I don't know if it is my anxiety making believe this or my fears are justified.

I am very analytical about this issue so I don't over react and be one of those people who kicks off if someone doesnt reply for what seems likes ages but really it's only been an hour lol. But after looking at all the people and how badly they treat me I find myself concluding that they are ignoring me or treating me wrong.

I find that people don't bother to give me a excuse/reason either. It's like I dont come into their mind that I may be worrying why they havent replied and give me that courtesy. I wonder if it is because i'm too nice and people will know I wont say anything or mind, when internally I do.
I wonder if I need to be more selfish and say to these people how upset I get with their treatment towards me. But then would they only bother speaking to me more because of what I said rather than they actually want to speak to me? :shrug:

I'm trying to constantly ask myself am I over reacting but I feel that i'm not. Can anxiety and paranoia be that strong where it makes you believe it what you shows you is real when it may not be?
I feel what i'm feeling is justified, even my counsellor said the people in my life have treated me wrong and let me down.

Carnation
17-09-14, 01:07
Hi Josh, I wouldn't bash yourself up over this. Firstly, that is how Life is sometimes and secondly, you may have just been unlucky and met the wrong people.
Many of us here have experienced not so nice people, bullying and being used.
Don't take it personally, you sound like a nice person and maybe you are not going to the right places to meet like-minded people like yourself.
We can all get a bit paranoid at times and wonder if there is something wrong with us and question why we are not liked. You have to remember that society today is full-on, everybody rushing around to get from A to B and looking out for themselves. That is what you have to do. Look out for yourself. Try being a little bit more laid back about things, don't be so available, keep all options open and then you wont get so upset.:)