PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia..

hearthstone25
17-09-14, 07:01
I've had insomnia for about 5 monthes now. It has become the hardest thing I've dealt with in my life by far. At some points I don't even feel like Im alive even though im breathing. The only "okay" points during this time frame has been when I've survived on benadryl and melatonin to help me fall asleep.

I've been through million of tests medically and I have one of top doctors in Texas I'm told. He says it's just anxiety..

So people who have had insomnia. How in the heck did you push through it? I forgot how it feels to fall asleep normal. I remember I could watch tv and my eyes would close several times as I was actualy sleepy... I miss being sleepy more than anything in life... Can insomnia be cured??

hearthstone25
22-09-14, 07:14
.. Guess nobody else here has insomina? Thats disapointing..

MrAndy
22-09-14, 08:45
I've had insomnia for about 5 monthes now. It has become the hardest thing I've dealt with in my life by far. At some points I don't even feel like Im alive even though im breathing. The only "okay" points during this time frame has been when I've survived on benadryl and melatonin to help me fall asleep.

I've been through million of tests medically and I have one of top doctors in Texas I'm told. He says it's just anxiety..

So people who have had insomnia. How in the heck did you push through it? I forgot how it feels to fall asleep normal. I remember I could watch tv and my eyes would close several times as I was actualy sleepy... I miss being sleepy more than anything in life... Can insomnia be cured??
ive had it for two years on and off,i have slowly started to get over it at one point i went days without a single hour of sleep
I took medication (olanzapine) and practiced mindfullness before i went to bed.I can now fall asleep no problem but sometimes wake at 3-4 in the morning and dont go back to sleep.To be honest I just have to put up with it ,nothing else i can do for now.Magnesium and gaba seem to help a little
good luck

Lucinda07
22-09-14, 19:43
I can only suggest exercise, fresh air & taking a hot bath just before going to bed.
Don't lie in bed for hours on end after waking, get up & do something. Also, have a regular going to bed & getting up. Cut down on caffeine. Include foods in your diet which have facilitate sleep - milk, bananas, turkey
Importantly, when your anxiety drops, then your sleep will improve.