PDA

View Full Version : depressed over cancer help?

peter245
17-09-14, 14:28
i relly need some time
the doctor said its not testicular cancer. i have an ultrasound monday
my pelvis hurts really bad the same as tension you get with anxiety
my testicles hurt persistent like a strong tense dull ache. i remember getting pains but they go away. i feel sick. my throat hurts and i think i have a cold aswell, i'm really low on mood. i've never been like this?/ i feel like my life is going to finish. what if its not testicular cancer/ but other cancers. the ''what ifs start again. not complaining but wouldn't you be depressed before an ultrasound

Taffy
17-09-14, 15:28
Hey...I've was in the same position as you about 2 years ago. A dull, heavy feeling in my left testicle and it felt tender to the touch. I couldn't feel any lumps and after being examined by the Doctor he couldn't feel any either, however I asked him to refer me for an Ultrasound.

I had the scan a few weeks later and it came back completely clear apart from a few cysts on the epiditimis (tubes!) that are extremely common and harmless.

Fast forward 2 years and I still get the dull ache in the same Testicle and it can sometimes be tender. Last time I was at the Docs I asked him to check it again and he said its fine and sometimes its just one of those things, muscular probably.

So go get your scan for piece of mind but I'm sure it'll come back fine.

telltheking
17-09-14, 15:30
I have had exactly that and it was a varicocele - which is harmless and they don't even see any worth in treating it. It will all be fine :)

Mdeasha
18-09-14, 09:47
I've had EXACTLY the same thing
Dull persistent ache in the testicles that's really hard to pin point? Also with no palpable lump. Clear for water infections etc. My ultrasound was clear, but the aches persisted. It does make you think "what if?". The first thing I would say is buy supportive underwear and stop examining them (if you're anything like me you probably haven't left them alone for five minutes, which exacerbates the problem). After a few weeks of this my aches went away! They're still tender every now and then, but nowhere near what it was like!