PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly everything is so hard

MULDEEEEER
17-09-14, 15:23
Hello everyone! I have been reading these forums kinda bit but registered just now. So, my story is this. Almost one year ago I had my first panic attack when I was on training day for my job (working on law enforcement so we have to do this every year) I started to feel like my heart rate was low (strange, because usually in attacks its very high), couldn't breathe normally, light-headed etc. So I had to leave and go home, didn't see doctor that time because it went away with time when I got home. I really didn't know what that was back then.

After this I could work normally and live my life for about 2 months and then all the hell broke loose again, I was on my friends beach house for a weekend and drunk heavily during that weekend. On sunday morning I started to feel like I felt 2 months ago at my working place, but 100 times worse. I really think that I was going to die. That time I had to go to hospital, I was there for about 1 hour and I started to feel fine and they let me go home, still no diagnosis of panic disorder.. they just told me that this was caused by heavy drinking during the weekend.

After that time I haven't felt normal a day, constant worrying about new panic attacks. I have tried several anti depressants for this and none of them worked for me.. I really hope I could get myself back to "old me" if you can say so.

So, any thoughts how I should move on? Any lifestyle changes or anything that you find helpful would mean a lot to me. Thanks!

MrAndy
17-09-14, 16:16
Hello everyone! I have been reading these forums kinda bit but registered just now. So, my story is this. Almost one year ago I had my first panic attack when I was on training day for my job (working on law enforcement so we have to do this every year) I started to feel like my heart rate was low (strange, because usually in attacks its very high), couldn't breathe normally, light-headed etc. So I had to leave and go home, didn't see doctor that time because it went away with time when I got home. I really didn't know what that was back then.

After this I could work normally and live my life for about 2 months and then all the hell broke loose again, I was on my friends beach house for a weekend and drunk heavily during that weekend. On sunday morning I started to feel like I felt 2 months ago at my working place, but 100 times worse. I really think that I was going to die. That time I had to go to hospital, I was there for about 1 hour and I started to feel fine and they let me go home, still no diagnosis of panic disorder.. they just told me that this was caused by heavy drinking during the weekend.

After that time I haven't felt normal a day, constant worrying about new panic attacks. I have tried several anti depressants for this and none of them worked for me.. I really hope I could get myself back to "old me" if you can say so.

So, any thoughts how I should move on? Any lifestyle changes or anything that you find helpful would mean a lot to me. Thanks!

CBT and therapy will help more than drugs ,try your local mind or rethink.org you can self refer with them and get good group based cbt therapy
light excercise ,eating healthy and avoiding alcohol all help