PDA

View Full Version : This place is like a little oasis...

jaffacake
28-12-06, 02:40
Hello, jaffacake here (not my real name obviously, but my biscuit of choice. Or cake, depending on your perspective). ;)

Already wiped this intro once, so i'll keep it short...

Read lots of messages on here, I can empathise with many and have only recently come to face the fact I suffer from anxiety/social phobia. It's fairly mild, though when it comes on I suffer from severe sweating and negative thoughts (these two usually come hand-in-hand someway or another).

My day to day job involves teaching groups of adults, sometimes up to 100; which can be a real drag as I struggle to hide the sweating - I swear some people are perplexed when I turn up in jumpers in 25 degree heat!

Anyway, i'm usually quite upbeat so I won't dwell on this too much at this time, other than to say hello, and I look forward to chatting to some of you further.

Cheers,

jaffacake
(male, SouthEast England, late 20's)

manmoor
28-12-06, 03:45
Hi Jaffacake,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Dreamer029
28-12-06, 05:08
hi jaffacake

welcome! this is a great site with lots of great info.

:-)
Lauren

keepemlaughing
28-12-06, 05:37
hello jaffa,
when i am nervous i sweat like a cowboy. i am assuming cowboys sweat alot. i hate wearing clothes that would show wetness, because i never know when i will get nervous and start dripping. OK its not all that bad, i don't want you folks thinking i walk around with sweatty pits all day. NO just when i get really nervous. like in a real social situation. uh,....am i digging in deeper.

WELCOME JAFFA! this site is terrific.[xx(]

Sheryl

Why stay in prison when the door is wide open?

normalwisdom
28-12-06, 09:57
Welcome Jaffa you will find a lot of help and support on this site...and if you are very lucky we may send you all of our yucky xmas jumpers to add to your collection!

Steph

trac67
28-12-06, 10:18
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

matilda
28-12-06, 10:47
Hiya Jaffa and welcome to NMP!!!

nomorepanic
28-12-06, 13:14
Hi Jaffacake

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

net
28-12-06, 14:46
hello jaffacake

welcome

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

sandlin
28-12-06, 16:08
welcome Jaffacake

You,ve found an oasis in this mad world

Lindaxx

belle
28-12-06, 16:37
I love Jaffacakes!!!!!

jaffacake
29-12-06, 01:13
Thanks guys and gals, just puts a little piece of me at ease knowing this place exists for me to vent my woes!

Happy to discuss any similar issues as mine, or anything really should you want an 'outsiders opinion'.

jaffacake :)

matt1981
29-12-06, 15:26
Ur not alone hun trust me! were all in the same boat I hope u find this site very helpful! Take care and you will get better :D

matt xx

ruthb1
29-12-06, 16:24
hi jaffcake,

wlcome to the forum

take care

ruth

kittykat
29-12-06, 17:27
Hi jaffa,
Im sure you'll find all the support you'll ever need on this site , its a godsend for so many. Take care xx

mynameis
29-12-06, 17:44
Hi Jaffacake,

Great name & great biscuit ! You've found yourself in the right place I can assure you. I did have the sweats originally (while I remained undiagnosed), but I realised that I was perfectly calm after the `episode' and knowing it was going to pass seemed to reduce it's impact somehow. I've now gone from being fully panic-stricken to mild anxiety & I just wished I'd found this great site sooner.

scoobygirl2005
29-12-06, 18:01
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here and make some new friends too!

Scooby2005
x x

www.z9.invisionfree.com/Panic_away