PDA

View Full Version : Head pains for years. Please help!

Ruizu
17-09-14, 16:14
Hello everyone.

I need to assistance and some advice with these re-occurring head pains I've been having.

I sometimes get strange side headaches on the left-top side of my head. They last for a few seconds to a few minutes and they come and go. They do not seem to appear every day, Maybe only once a week or maybe less if I'm lucky.

I've had these headaches for years, as long as I can remember I think I've started having them since I've been on my contraceptive pill, Yasmin since I was 16.

I am 21 now and it doesn't seem like the pain gets worse, but sometimes it'll last for a bit longer. It's not excruciating pain as I can carry on with life when I have these short headaches, but its making me panic as I am a massive hypochondriac and HATE going to hospitals and I always think the worst about my health.

Does anybody know what this could be? And how I can cope with the anxiety within the problem as well?

Notes:

I smoke but only 5 a day at least. So I'm not a heavy smoker, and I haven't smoked when I was 16 either. I only drink alcohol every few weeks on a weekend and not too much o that.

It's getting to the point where I get so worried about it, I feel sick and shaky and an absolute wreck. Sometimes I feel lightheaded and a tiny bit dizzy and I sometimes lose my balance for a couple of seconds.

Thank you sooooo much <3

lisad1977
17-09-14, 17:25
im havin headach everyday they r awful. all over head feel sick and dizzy.

Katie_cupcakes
18-09-14, 00:54
I opened this post as I am currently getting left sided headaches aswell. Which seem to be worse when I turn my head. I too, think the worst.
Imy hoping it's just a tension headache.
I think smoking can cause headaches...Even just a few.
I don't smoke, but I get awful headaches when I'm around people who are or have been smoking.
Try not to think the worst. Easier said than done I know! I can't even take my own advice!

UKmamainUS
18-09-14, 05:14
I have left sided headaches that are mild but really noticeable if I turn my head quickly. I was just diagnosed with occipital neuralgia. It's not life threatening but my god I wish I could just not be in pain any more. I used to only get them occasionally, now it's every day.

Ruizu
14-10-14, 16:56
Thank you for the advice! I'm always worrying about my head as I still keep getting the same head pain. I keep thinking its a brain tumour or something really bad >_<