PDA

View Full Version : I have other peoples symptoms

keepemlaughing
28-12-06, 05:31
Ok, now don't automatically assume I am crazy, but this is something that I have known for years. I get other people's symptoms. If I read about illnesses, I start feeling like the people do. My daughter and I used to feel exactly alike at any given time. I mean feeling nauseous (?)
or having a horrible neck pain, or even when I felt hungover she would feel the same way. I read a couple weeks ago about a couple of people that were having horrible sleep patterns. I was sleeping good until I read their posts. Then suddenly, I was having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I saw that there is a post about having pins and needles. I decided not to read it because sure enough I would start having pens and needles. This seems so silly to be saying, I mean who can have all the symptoms of multiple scerlosis (?) and not have it??? I'm a psycho.[:P]

Sheryl

Why stay in prison when the door is wide open?

manmoor
28-12-06, 06:12
Hey Sheryl,

No hun you are not crazy(well maybe a wee bit lol). I read a post earlier about insomnia and here I am at 6.10am typing away. I can't sleep. Hope to chat to you soon. xxxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hexia
28-12-06, 08:32
Not too looney, I would say.
I do the same thing, unfortunately. When someone calls me and tells me they have the flu, imidiately I start feeling nauseus and like I have a fever.
It always passes after a while, though, as I am sure your will too.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

familygirl
18-01-07, 15:46
this is why i try not to read every post on anxiety boards lol.

Angelcake
19-01-07, 22:08
Hi, this post made me laugh in a very wry way!! I go through phases of picking up other people's symptoms too - spent about three months last year with numbness in legs and arms because of speaking to someone who's mother had Motor Nurone Disease (never even MET the mother!!) I especially get it if the symptom or illness frightens me!

I had to stop watching all the medical dramas on t.v. as that would start it too! Lots worse if I'm very anxious...
So if you're crazy Sheryl, then so am I!!

Sarahx