PDA

View Full Version : Patches of goosebumps, what is it?

Leslie735
18-09-14, 15:39
I know I've been posting a lot of threads lately because my health anxiety has been up the last few weeks but I generally am concerned about this. For the past few weeks, about a month I'd say (at least that I've noticed) I keep getting these random patches of goosebumps on my left arm near my elbow/forearm area. They come and go sometimes several times a day, sometimes it's a few days in between. I haven't noticed anything to associate with other than I seem to notice them more when I'm at my boys football practice, so maybe something to do with being outside? Anyway, last night I decided to google thinking it was something totally minor and everything popped up with seizure activity or MS and then of course stress. Stress would definitely be a winner for me but the other two didn't' exactly make me happy. My brother has a seizure disorder (not epilepsy) he has a brain AVM (very rare, do not google!!!) and it causes him to have seizures so naturally I got nervous. Anyone dealt with this before?

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Anyone?

Leslie735
20-09-14, 02:03
Nobody?

RoseEve
20-09-14, 02:48
My son has this in his elbows right now. I don't know what it is.

swanick15
20-09-14, 11:01
Is it what it is just a patch of goosebumps harmless

Rennie1989
20-09-14, 11:41
I have those patches on my biceps, had them ever since I can remember, and they flare up and flare down numerous times of the day and can blush a bit.

Never known what it was, but somebody told me that it is like a micro reaction to something like washing bio, perfume, shower gel etc etc etc. I'd imagine stress is a contributor too but I've not bothered to narrow down what it could be because, well, just haven't really.

Leslie735
20-09-14, 15:03
I have those patches on my biceps, had them ever since I can remember, and they flare up and flare down numerous times of the day and can blush a bit.

Never known what it was, but somebody told me that it is like a micro reaction to something like washing bio, perfume, shower gel etc etc etc. I'd imagine stress is a contributor too but I've not bothered to narrow down what it could be because, well, just haven't really.

Glad I"m not alone with it. Thank you!

Leslie735
23-09-14, 14:08
Had it happen yesterday about 4 times. It has me so freaked out as I read it can be a sign of MS or seizures.

Leslie735
24-09-14, 03:32
Anyone else it's totally freaking me out!

Luviico
24-09-14, 22:55
I have these on my chest but mainly (in their hordes) on my arms, I literally have loads. I would totally stop worrying about epilepsy (I used to suffer from it myself so have researched it in depth) from what I know not one single seizure disorder can cause skin rashes/abnormalities. It does not present in that way and even if it did it would be an incredibly minor symptom believe me. What you might be experiencing is keratosis pilaris, a minor skin issue that is totally benign! :) this can present as either skin coloured goosebumps or red (depending on irritation or hot/cold climates). I really wouldn't worry about this, stress can indeed cause it too and I don't think it is any cause for concern, your symptom isn't linked to any serious conditions.

worried Laura
24-09-14, 23:42
Hi I use to get them on my right arm in patches, I mention it to my doctor and he just said its nothing to worry about he never told me what caused it, but I was so focused on another worry it never bothered me. I wouldn't worry. :)

wnsos
25-09-14, 12:48
Add me to this list too! I got them before my HA/anxiety flared up so I didn't think much about them if anything at all. Pretty sure anxiety was biting my ankles at the time without my knowledge. What a little s&@# it is. Xx

Leslie735
25-09-14, 16:54
Luviico: This is not something that is there all the time. This is literally goosebumps that come and go. I get the feeling of crawly sensation then look down and there they are but they are in patches rather than all over my body like normal goosebumps. THey last a few seconds and go away.

worried Laura
25-09-14, 21:26
Yeah that's exactly how mine was, I felt something on my arm and then looked and there was about three patches of goosebumps that went after about a minute. :-)

Molochop
30-09-14, 13:37
Wow glad I'm not alone in this, I have the exact same thing down my arms and even legs sometimes. It's so strange

Leslie735
07-10-14, 20:33
Must be anxiety then. Strange stuff it can do to you.

firecracker777
07-10-14, 21:41
Could it be from dry skin?

Leslie735
09-10-14, 21:57
No this is actual goosebumps not dry skin.

gcb
05-02-15, 14:34
ive had these patches on my legs for the past three months. its like a tingling sensation and i can feel goosebumps in patches on my upper right leg. Im getting bloods taken on friday so hopefully they can figure out what it is. Stress would be a major relief if that is what it was! Id be happy with that. I shouldnt really have googled this as obviously it comes up with some scary suggestions.

Will keep you all posted once blood results come thru.

Abcde5
10-07-21, 20:08
Hello! I know it's been a lot! Have you found something out?