PDA

View Full Version : MS/ALS Anxiety

sarah2216
18-09-14, 18:56
Hey everyone,

I have been having symptoms for two years or more and I have periods (like now) where they seem to flare up really badly.

I'm really worried as I seem to be losing my memory a lot e.g. Not remembering half of the time I was at the supermarket and being easily confused, typing badly/bad spelling. I get this internal shaking which feels like it's going to makes drop things or not be able to hold a pen but apparently it isn't visible. Today I've felt like I can't walk properly (like my foot is weak or dragging) and by the end of the day I was walking with a limp! Saying that, I drove home fine, used the clutch fine etc. overall I feel like my limbs are very weak even though it doesn't seem that my physical capabilities have decreased. I'm very tender a lot of the time and even small taps can feel like someone has poked a bruise. Also, my eyes blur over a lot. It happens one at a time, a few times a day fora couple of seconds but goes away when I blink.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me
:)
Sarah x

Serenity1990
18-09-14, 19:36
I've no idea where you've got ALS from, this sounds nothing like that in the slightest.

With respect to MS, symptoms that move around are never MS, symptoms that come and go are not MS, and symptoms that appear all over the body at once aren't MS.

This sounds like classic somatic symptoms of anxiety. Have a look at neurosymptoms.org for a description of neurological complaints can arise in the absence of any disease. The website's aimed at FND which is a much more extreme somatoform and I'm not suggesting for a second this is the sort of thing you have, by it should give you some indication of the sheer power of the mind with respect to bodily symptoms.

I've experienced all you describe and much more. I definitely do not have MS, and I MOST CERTAINLY don't have ALS! :)