PDA

View Full Version : WORK FOR AGROPHOBICS

mirry
28-12-06, 10:29
I know we have discussed working from home before on here but just wondered if there are any updates ?

As you already know , I make a little extra making jewellery , not alot of money but enough to keep the kids happy.
Today I have printed out leaflets to put in the local shop windows, advertising family history research. Basically I am charging £ 3.50 per census result for people family history. Not alot of money , but hey , its money.

Been doing a few online surveys too, exchanged for boots vouchers :D

How do you make your pennys ?

mirryx

Nel
28-12-06, 12:02
My sister makes gift cards and sells them on ebay. Prior to the cards she sold Radley handbags (she's not agoraphobic, she's a full time Mum).
You should advertise your jewellery on ebay.

mirry
28-12-06, 13:32
I used to sell on ebay but it was all a bit hit and miss, then theres the postoffice hassle, kept asking hubby to take the parcels [}:)]

Now sell in some local shops, I just want the year 2007 to be better than the past 5 years, to earn a good income would be lovely...
I dont claim any benifits at all for my agrophobia cos some days i can do things and other days i cant [:I].

mirryx

shoegal
28-12-06, 13:34
Have you considered being an AVON lady?

Obviously it would be no good if you are completely housebound, but if you can manage a few trips to friends and neighbours houses, it's a good way of earning a little extra cash. You can work when it suits you and you can get the kids to help with posting the brochures and packing the parcels! There is a minimum amount you have to sell before you earn anything though!

mirry
28-12-06, 16:58
Yep , tried the avon ,lol... didnt make much at all [V]

Just seen this on another site, they have just closed for applications in the uk , but often advertise. People are saying its good.

http://www.aqa.issuebits.com/vacancies.htm

apparently people are saying they are earning about £7 an hour answering questions, must have a computor and have good spelling. (that rules me out lol) , they advertise every now and then so keep a look out.

Good news if your in Ireland , they need people there :D

mirryx

Nel
28-12-06, 17:25
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I used to sell on ebay but it was all a bit hit and miss, then theres the postoffice hassle, kept asking hubby to take the parcels [}:)]

Now sell in some local shops, I just want the year 2007 to be better than the past 5 years, to earn a good income would be lovely...
I dont claim any benifits at all for my agrophobia cos some days i can do things and other days i cant [:I].

mirryx

<div align="right">Originally posted by mirry - 28 December 2006 : 13:32:20</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Yeah I guess there is that (although going to the PO would be good 'outings' practice!) ;) I don't get any benefits either so I am thinking of selling stuff on ebay, not sure what to sell though. My sister is a 'power seller' and she makes a lot of money out of it.

sandlin
28-12-06, 17:32
Hey Mirry

Had a look at that website you quoted and it does have vacancies at present.

NPS_Paul
28-12-06, 22:15
We used to sell on e bay and there are definite legal problems too, as well as the site rules - which do any of us bother to read?
Firstly and i hate to be boring, if you do this for a job and you do actually make money - you have to pay tax over a certain amount. This could affect a partners tax too.
Secondly you are Not allowed to buy reduced items in shops and sell them for the full price on e bay. This goes on the whole time, of course though! Next time you're in a main high street mega store find a huge stack of sale items. Write down the items name and the price and then run it through e bay - loads for sale. Say it was £100, there was a garden play house i saw once in W..lwor.hs, thats now half price price £50, loads of people were selling it for £75, and saying it was a saving of £25. This is false advertising.
I guess people get away with it on a small scale, a few hundred pounds max a year. But you run the risk of being reported to e bay or worse the store /manufacturer, tax man.
I've even asked the seller questions and confirmed where there bought it and for how much, and been told 'get stuffed' i'm going to continue lying in my ads and making profits.
I guess its down to the individual, and for 8 years i so wanted to work when i couldn't leave the house, but honesty was important too to me. I'd say sell items you no longer want, or presents that don't suit you only. Anything else is dishonest. Love Paul.

Love to all members

nomorepanic
28-12-06, 22:45
Paul

People make huge profits from ebay and if I had the time I would sell more on there!

There is nothing wrong with buying items at a reduced price and reselling them on. That is surely what all the power-sellers do as it is NOT stuff they have laying around in there houses is it?

It is not dishonest - it is a business and the object of that is to make money surely?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

trac67
28-12-06, 22:48
Please don't let Paul scare you off from making money on e-bay, I buy items in bulk that are ex chain store items and re-sell them making a small profit on each. It is not illegal and it is not wrong.

Some of us who cannot go out to work and can't get hundreds of pounds per week from the government in benefits or get left thousands in wills do what we can to keep a roof over our childrens heads.

Trac xxx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

kazzie
28-12-06, 23:01
I agree Trac some people claim allsorts they shouldent;) I work from home for an adult chatline and as you said needs must lol

luv kaz x

trac67
28-12-06, 23:05
Kazzie, any jobs going mate [}:)]

Love

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

kazzie
28-12-06, 23:20
Trac

There normally are pm me if u are serious and will pm u the details:D

money is good an all!!!!

kaz x x x

trac67
28-12-06, 23:29
pm'd you matey

thanks

Trac xx

mirry
29-12-06, 19:06
Hey just thought, if any one wants me to do look ups of their ancestors on the census years, 1841, 1851,1861,1871,1881,1891 and 1901,,,
I would be happy to do so for 50p per census and will forward the info to you by email :D
PM me if interested.

Just thought, Will I get told off for advertising my services on here ? lol,
if so "IM SORRY" [:I] hubby wont let me do chat lines [:X]

mirryx

Nel
29-12-06, 19:17
My sister pays tax on her ebay earnings, the tax office check ebay and it was in her own best interests to declare what she earns.
She buys all the materials for her cards brand new, and hand designs them (they are beautiful). I see nothing dishonest about that. She's got 1000's of feedback from people who were very pleased with their cards.
The big high street stores are ripping people off more than anyone! The mark up on the goods they sell is disgraceful.

mirry
29-12-06, 19:20
Paul, everyone buys reduced items and resells them on ebay, thats what its all about. Ive made a nice bit of money buying at car boots and reselling before. Dont know who told you this ?

mirryx

mirry
29-12-06, 19:22
Nel your sisters cards sound lovely, I only make them for family and friends, but ebaying them is a great idea. :D

mirryx

Piglet
29-12-06, 19:28
I would love to do the chatlines but since I don't use the real words for any 'rude' body parts (the exception to this being after a few glasses of advocaat or baileys[:I]:D:D) I don't think I'd be much use.

Although maybe I could do a sort of alternative version for similiar people - it could be all about 'hidden treasures' and 'downstairs departments'. :D:D:D:D:D

I used to love Lenny Henrys 'Mrs Johnson' sketches - he could make putting the rubbish out sound like pure filth (no pun intended) without uttering a single rudity!!! :D:D:D:D

Mirry I think the family history thing sounds great - I actually have details of my families going back a fair way and it's soooo interesting to see where you've come from!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

kazzie
29-12-06, 19:38
LOL PIGLET :D:D:D

KAZ X X X

mirry
30-12-06, 09:54
Piglet, we used to love that sketch, mrs johnson.......
like you say he made every thing sound so dirty, wish they would put that back on.

Another thing, it wouldnt hurt for you to go it alone, just advertise your services, some people love to use their imagination.

I dont think i could do it, Id laugh [:o)]

mirryx

jacq
05-01-07, 12:57
Hi Kazzie, i have agraphobia but would love to contribute to the household budget, there have been ads in my local paper for adult chat lines and i have been very tempted to call but dont know if i could get over the embarrasment [:I] (i cringe if my hubbie does it) did it take you long to get the hang of it Jacqui x

courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"

jacq
05-01-07, 13:01
A few people have mentioned claiming money if you have agraphobia, could anyone explain as i have never heard of this benefit at all, is it a goverment payment and can anyone with anxieties apply. Jacqui x

courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"

mirry
05-01-07, 13:15
think its called incapasity benifit ?
I wont apply for it because I worry it will make me more agrophobic ,
if that makes sence.

But if you really are struggling then you deserve to claim.

mirryx

mirry
05-01-07, 13:17
just some advise needed please :D

Is it worth putting stuff on ebay this time of year ?
I keep imagining everyones skint after christmas ?

WANT TO EARN MONEY :([Sigh...]

mirryx

mirry
05-01-07, 13:34
FORGOT TO ASK.........

has anyone any experience on setting up a BASIC online shop on ebay ?

What I am trying to understand is, what are the fees ?

Been reading the info but still confused [:I]

mirryx

mirry
05-01-07, 17:01
:D[Yeah!] Ive actually got round to listing some things on ebay today, havent sold anything on there for ages (fingers crossed).

It looks very slow at the moment ,but all I can do is try.

what sort of things do any of you list ?

All ive put on so far is my jewellery,, in the past its been very hit and miss :(

my ebay name is ......... mirry0 ,
please take a look and tell me If I could do anything better to enhance my listings..... and please be honest cos I need honest advise.

thanks, cheers :D

mirryx

Krakers
05-01-07, 18:01
Hi all - its worth having a look at the home working section in your local newspaper. There are often companies that use home workers for compiling things manually that would just cost too much to have a machine to do.

A friend of mine works from home for a local file company. They make up customised NHS files amongst other things, specific to each particular Hospital or Borough.

He's prety quick at doing them and earns a reasonable £4 per hour. He can do as many as many as he likes each week as and when it suits. He does have to pick them up / drop them off, but often takes a few days work at a time to reduce the amount of journys.

I'd be happy to refer anyone in the Wigan to this company as I know they are always on the look out for home workers.

Krakers.

mirry
05-01-07, 18:42
oh no, Im Hampshire :(

mirryx

mazz
06-01-07, 10:57
Hi Mirry iam a power seller now on e bay and have a online shop going .Really easy to set up and costs£6 a month .I sell anything thats not tied down lol plus i buy direct from a suppier of sexy underwear.If you need any advice id be happy to help
just pm me
Mazz.

mirry
06-01-07, 11:18
oooooo bless you mazz, will PM you, thanks!

mirryx

Nicki22
11-01-07, 12:41
Im looking for a work from home job that dont involve telephones..im in the yorkshire area...im not having any luck finding anything i went to see my disabilty adviser at the job center and she told me there are a lot of scams out there
Anyone help ?

come and join our new and fast growing general discussion forum....
http://z6.invisionfree.com/NGForum/index.php

Karen
11-01-07, 14:44
Jacqui

I'm a bit late reading this:

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">A few people have mentioned claiming money if you have agraphobia, could anyone explain as i have never heard of this benefit at all, is it a goverment payment and can anyone with anxieties apply.<div align="right">Originally posted by jacq - 05 January 2007 : 13:01:02</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

but you might find the information on this site (http://www.disabilityalliance.org/check7.htm)

I receive Incapicity beneft and DLA, although I have physical and psychological illnesses. People do successfully claim these benefits for mental health problems.

I hope this helps.

Karen

mirry
11-01-07, 16:47
Ive made £20 profit since sunday , on ebay but OMG ive done alot of work for it [Sigh...]
2 days to go, so hope to make £30 this week and if I could reach that target every week then thats £120 a month more (more like it)..should cover the gas and electric increases:(

money ,.money, money ..must be funny in a normal world.

mirryx

mirry
16-01-07, 15:24
just had to tell you all this :D

I put a hair dye on ebay, Ive had it sitting in the house 5 months now and wont be using it. I purchased it for £3.99 in superdrugs and have just sold it on ebay for £10 + 99p postage [Duh!]

I only listed it for 99p ..cant belive it.

Have you got any funny ebay storys ?

mirryx

mazz
16-01-07, 16:16
Yeah Mirry beat this i bought a dirty ugly horrid doll in a charity shop for a laugh .It cost me 25p I listed it as dirty ugly and vintage .Well i watched in horror it sell for £32.60 .I was so scared to post it off incase they when WTF???? .Best bit was she replyed saying what a lovely doll thank you so much lol I was weak laughing till hubby said yeah you must have just sold a rare doll ? haha oh well the £32.60 paid for a nice meal out so keep your eyes peeled for junk.
Mazz xx

Piglet
16-01-07, 16:49
Well done Mirry :D:D

I've got a big lot of stuff that I'm going to put on there in the next few weeks - so keep me informed of how you're going.

Piglet :D

Lol Mazz at the doll story!!

mirry
16-01-07, 17:35
lol, a dirty ugly doll...oo that did make me laugh.

Just been to superdrug to buy another hair dye ,lol (nothing to loose)
and have emailed a second chance to the other person who offer £10 too, but they didnt win. I think its worth a go ?

Did any one see the news 2 weeks ago , a couple in america had lots of snow in their garden, so they scooped it up and sold it on ebay and posted it all over the world, but they didnt say how they kept it cold ?

So any ideas on what mad things we could sell ?

Piglet I will def let you know how its going , I dont know why but its January and Im doing really well, dont know if it cos ive got a shop going now ?

mirryx

mazz
19-01-07, 18:27
Hey Mirry glad your sales are going well ,mine have slumped i guess no one needs sexy knickers in january lol.Hey they said maybe snow on tuesday so i better stock up on chill boxes for posting haha.
Mazz

mirry
22-01-07, 07:34
lol. we can post out plenty of rain in this country.

Hope your sales pick up soon :D

mirryx

mirry
30-01-07, 16:16
Today I got offered 3 more hours work for the elderly and I said yes,
so will be working 3 mornings a week now, I feel so happy about it because I feel needed and am contributing to the house.

mirryx

Piglet
30-01-07, 16:51
Well done mate that's super and yet another step forward!!

Piglet x

bobsy
30-01-07, 17:35
Well done mirry on earning extra money on ebay. You clever girl .

Also congratulations on taking on more hours.

hope your keeping well

bobsy

mirry
01-02-07, 12:51
Thanks Bobsy, had more good news today .The local flower shop wants to display my jewellery for sale in a posh glass cabinet :D

So Im sitting here working hard (yet feel crap with my hormones),
when do you go back to work ? do you know yet ?
Also what work do you do Bobsy ? anything exciting ?

mirryx

Piglet
01-02-07, 13:48
Wow Mirry that's brilliant!! :D

Piglet x

mirry
01-02-07, 17:32
Piglet my nerves are all over the place today, Im trying to keep calm about it but with me any excitemnet makes me Ill with panic ,lol.

mirryx

Piglet
01-02-07, 18:39
Yep I'm just the same hun!

Piglet :D