PDA

View Full Version : How is lymphoma diagnosed?

lb76696
18-09-14, 20:01
For those who have had lymphoma worries, how did you Doctor say it was diagnosed? Mine believes that because I've had a full blood count and peripheral blood smear I can be secure in the fact I don't have it, but the internet says otherwise (Yes, I know I shouldn't look). Did your Doctors say blood tests were sufficient enough?

cpe1978
18-09-14, 20:29
Without wanting to appear flippant, generally most things are diagnosed by a doctor. If you have been to your GP with your concerns and they have said you haven't got lymphoma then dance happily into the street and try and move on.

You need to recognise that questioning the judgment of clinicians is classic anxiety.

lb76696
18-09-14, 21:08
Did anyone else have extreme itching as a symptom as well? I do and am terrified night sweats are around the corner. Calling my Doctors for a biopsy request tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

I've literally never had this many symptoms of something. So scared. Can't stop crying. Would appreciate talking to someone who's had this fear.

nomorepanic
18-09-14, 21:12
They aren't going to do a biopsy just because you ask for one though.

If they thought you had it they would request further tests

em79prez
18-09-14, 21:29
I dont have extreme itching but my skin feels weird kinda sunburny in bizarre places too like tops of hands and feet and around my collarbone area where i can feel lumps.
Ive had bloods ct scan n xrays all normal so ive no idea what skin thing is its baffling

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

1 thing tho a girl in my job has just been diagnosed with it and her lumps are massive not just lumps u feel under the skin also her bloods did show abnormalities. Also m6 friend had it when she was 21 again her lump was size of golf ball and her bloods were abnormal and lad i work with his wife had it in her 20s again massive lump and abnormal bloods

mandie
19-09-14, 00:14
my dad had lymphoma, his blood count was very abnormal. If yours is normal and your doctor has told you that you don't have it, why are you requesting a biopsy which is a very painful procedure when testing for lymphoma.

Please accept what your doctor has told you. Oh and my dad never had any itching with his lymphoma

swgrl09
19-09-14, 03:16
Somebody I worked with had it and her growths were so big they were strangling her esophagus and she couldn't breathe. She was also exhausted all the time. Nothing about itching. Keep in mind she is totally cured now :)

em79prez
19-09-14, 07:21
They wont biopsy anything under 1cm in size either.... that applies even to thyroid nodules

Abarth
20-09-14, 19:00
Hi there. I have been where you are. You will digest only elements of what you read based on what you are looking for. The fact is that a blood test cannot absolutely diagnose the condition you so fear. However, and moreover, a blood test will inform results that can tell you that you do not. If your GP is satisfied with your bloods, then you will be fine.
Take care and try not to worry.
A