PDA

View Full Version : I need a rant lmao

ohwell123
19-09-14, 08:03
hi after my first panic attack 1 year ago I was obv convinced for the next 6 months id done my heart in and promptly became a cardiophobe?.... and every little twinge sent me off like a scalded cat anyway I have got over that a little bit with tests etc and due to beta blockers no longer have actual panic attacks but whats really getting me down is the manifestation of the anxiety...
I now can go random places and suddenly feel like im going to faint, or my vision goes blurry I jolt out of bed at night rubber face feeling at times in the day if its not one thing its another I must have had the symptoms of 350 serious medical conditions in the last month I had a chat with my doc yesterday and explained to him I have no external stressors my life job etc is great but it gets me down when just as I think todays going good BANG...

anyway on a positive note this time last year I was using cocaine to cure all my problems it doesn't work it ruins your life I haven't touched any kind of drug in a year and now see my daughter 3 times a week and I have my first hours training to be a pilot this weekend... so was the panic attack a good thing and im just paying for it now its food for thought better to be here I suppose:yesyes: kris

flossie
19-09-14, 08:38
Congrats Kris on kicking the drugs. I hope you are very proud of yourself as that is a huge achievement. :yesyes:
Have you tried relaxation and breathing techniques or Mindfulness? I was wondering if they may help manage the anxiety problems you are still experiencing. I find them extremely helpful.
You can find some here http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/podcasts/
Good luck with the flying. Please keep us up to date, it will be interesting to follow how you are doing with that.