PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question regarding something PIP asked over the phone

Elad
19-09-14, 13:38
I had to call the PIP claims department because I have to switch from DLA to PIP.

Towards the end of the phone call he asked the following question, which confuses me and makes me wish I had asked why he wanted to know this because he hadn't asked anything to do with physical or mental health up until this point and this is the ONLY thing he asked regarding health questions;

"Do you suffer from clinical depression with suicidal tendencies and have been hospitalised as a result? Suffer from a psychotic disorder, have Schizophrenia, or a Personality Disorder?"

Why did he ask this question? I'm confused and I can't find any information about why they ask this question online. In fact I can't even find information about them asking this question full stop.

nomorepanic
19-09-14, 13:52
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

MyNameIsTerry
20-09-14, 03:46
I don't know anything about this area myself but just tried to find something that might help.

This website might help as it includes a self test where you may find that question and there is a definition of psychological distress here:

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/glossary/1973-overwhelming-psychological-distress

There is a full 70 page guide on there as well so there might be something in there.

I also spotted Activity 9 in here that gives a little but more detail:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/315970/pip-assessment-guide-mw-020614.pdf

Thats a guide for the people doing them so it should cover what you were asked but it doesn't seem to have a question like that in it.

AlexandriaUK
20-09-14, 05:05
Is it because it can be stressful dealing with this type of thing so maybe it's so they can judge if you would do something dangerous if upset,are you struggling to sleep terry

MyNameIsTerry
20-09-14, 05:59
Is it because it can be stressful dealing with this type of thing so maybe it's so they can judge if you would do something dangerous if upset,are you struggling to sleep terry

In the .pdf I attached there is question in Activity 9 that asks about the safety of yourself & others because that section is dealing with social contact.

I couldn't see any mention of the other illnesses the OP mentioned though.

I'm always up at this time thesedays Alexandria, I've always been a night owl but I have issues with sleeping patterns and it tends to end up being a very late one most of the time...something I'm still working on. :)

Are you struggling to sleep or up early or just back in after a night out?

AlexandriaUK
20-09-14, 06:03
Me too, anxiety won tonight sadly, what would we do without this site:):)

Elad
20-09-14, 09:34
I can't find anything about this specific question. Do you know why he might have asked it?