PDA

View Full Version : please help me :(

Dizzydoll
19-09-14, 18:17
i was coming off citalopram i was on 20mg for 2 yrs and have been weanining off it for a few month i was down to 10mg every 3rd day and was doing great until a month later n my anxiety went out of control i wasnt coping my usual doctor was off so spoke to my pharmasict she suggested slowly going bk on the med going bk to 10mg one every other day for a month then bk to 10mg a day does this sound right ?? my anxiety has lessened but im still abit all over the place and very frightened could this be due to having a tablet one day then not the next n so on?

KK77
19-09-14, 18:30
Sorry to hear that you're struggling like this. I don't think it's a good idea to be alternating days because it causes blood levels of the drug to fluctuate creating almost mini withdrawal symptoms. These meds are designed to be taken daily.

I would suggest you take 10mg again and speak to your GP ASAP for further advice. Hope you feel better soon.

Dizzydoll
19-09-14, 18:54
Thanx yeah I just feel all over the place n my thoughts r going haywire will ring doc Monday x

MrAndy
19-09-14, 19:36
The every other day thing will mess you up,reduce slowly and hold each dose for a month,break the tablets in half to reduce slowly.Doctors haven't got a clue about withdrawal

Dizzydoll
19-09-14, 19:39
No I'm starting them again I was down to 10mg every third day but my anxiously hit rock bottom n I was told to slowly go bk on them so bk upto 10mg every other day for a month then one a day again but I'm really struggling mentally and physically :( should I have just gone bk to 10mg everyday?

MrAndy
19-09-14, 19:48
Yes taking it alternative days will mess up your nervous system ,just go back to 10 mg a day at the same time every day

Dizzydoll
19-09-14, 20:53
Thanx :)

Dizzydoll
20-09-14, 09:31
Well I rang the pharmacist he recommended going bk to one everyday, I really hope it helps coz my mind is all over the place n anxiety out of control :(

MrAndy
20-09-14, 16:31
Well I rang the pharmacist he recommended going bk to one everyday, I really hope it helps coz my mind is all over the place n anxiety out of control :(
Hang in there the meds will soon take effect