PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about bloated stomach and ultrasound

ld91
19-09-14, 20:07
for the past few weeks my stomach has been constantly bloated. i suddenly put on over one and a half stone in weight. at first i thought these were side effects from the medication i'm on (mirtazapine) but my stomach started to get worse and affecting my breathing so i went to the doctors today. I thought he would just confirm it is medication side effects and he asked me if i thought it was and i said i didn't know. He checked my stomach by pressing it in places and then weighed me.
He's prescribed me colofac to see if it will help with the bloating and also wants to do an ultrasound and i might have to have a vaginal exam as well. I suffer from really bad health anxiety so as soon as i got home i checked up on this and it's worrying the crap out of me now. My stomach hurt for hours in the places he pressed and i'm nervous and not sure what to do. Ive already convinced myself now that it's ovarian cancer. I have the exact symptoms of it.
I was just expecting him to confirm it's just another symptom of anxiety and now i'm just worrying and i know i'm going to be worrying about it until it's done and i find out the results. i'm not sure how to cope with this as my anxiety has been sky high at the moment anyway.

Beckie4567
31-05-15, 12:07
How did u get on x

leah22
16-06-15, 23:56
Yes how did you get on with your scan? X

Beckie4567
26-06-15, 11:44
How did u get on x