PDA

View Full Version : Testicular cancer fear

jbarker1983
19-09-14, 23:18
Few months ago I thought i had colon cancer this forum helped me get through it thankfully I didnt.

My new issue is I have two rice like lumps on one testicle and scared its cancer one lump has been there for 13 years I was to scared to ever get it checked the last lump I found 15 mos ago this testicle is a little smaller than the other and occasional groin ache over the years. I had my physical doc didn't feel anything but I never told him that I felt them before I was scared to say anything but now I'm terrified I waited to long that it's cancer and that I'm gonna die

I'm 31 years old no history of the cancer

Fishmanpa
19-09-14, 23:39
It's pretty much the same refrain you've seen before here. If you've had them that long and it were sinister, you'd be very ill or pushing up the daisies by now.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
19-09-14, 23:56
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

jbarker1983
20-09-14, 00:20
Well the lump that's been there for 13 years not worried but this last one has been there for 15 mos now Im really scared routine physical and blood work was all good I just didn't tell the doctor I found these lumps so he missed them :(

jbarker1983
21-09-14, 01:20
If there is anyone here in this situation whether it was cancer or non cancer would really appreciate some insight to help me cope with this feeling while I wait to get examined im extremely frightened I have two very young girls so scared to not be there for them

Taffy
23-09-14, 13:37
I have had something similar apart from the lumps...get it check for piece of mind but I'm sure its nothing to worry about....See my posts to another member here http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160067

jbarker1983
23-09-14, 17:20
Not really pain sometimes I think it's all in my head lol but the lumps are actually on the testicle it self near the bottom and near the top 1 lump has been there for almost 14 years the other I noticed about 15 months ago thought it was veins or something I've had a physical since but didn't tell the doc about the lumps I figured they would have found it my blood tests were perfect as well I really pray there non cancerous

jbarker1983
01-10-14, 19:38
Anyone else on here have experience in this situation ?

jbarker1983
21-10-14, 12:26
Anybody? I just need some support nobody else to talk to about this

SADnomore
21-10-14, 18:09
I am female and so I hope you aren't put off, but I think you need to consider a few things. I can tell you that my nephew had testicular cancer. Trust me, it was a heckuva lot bigger than a grain of rice! Particularly since your "lumps" (bumps?) have not grown in all this time, it doesn't make sense that they would be cancerous.

My nephew had his checked out and the first thing the doctor said was, "If you have to get cancer, testicular cancer is the one to get!" The cure rate is something like 90%. He had surgery about a month later, followed by radiation. That was 10 years ago, no recurrence, no problems whatsoever. He did take the opportunity to change his diet for the better, and lose some weight and begin an exercise program. He is fit and healthy and leads a very active life with his teen boys and his wife.

His is a typical story of testicular cancer and survival. I have shared this so that you can consider these things: testicular cancer presents differently than what you have, and the fact that even the latest bump hasn't grown in 15 months means you can rule it out; and, if your worst fears came true and you did develop testicular cancer, know that it has one of the highest cancer cure rates of them all, and that's a fact.

It seems that what concerns you the most is that you didn't point out these bumps to the doctor and tell him about your fears. Why not go back and do that? There will be nothing for him to biopsy, but perhaps him visually confirming these bumps are unrelated to any cancer will set your mind at ease. And you could ask him how they know by the blood tests that no link to cancer was found. (There are "markers" that will have not been present.)

If you can look back and recognize that this fear is one symptom of "health anxiety", that you have been watching your body closely and worrying about one or another disease taking hold, do tell him about that and ask for a referral to counseling. There is one-on-one and group treatment for health anxiety that folks on NMP say has worked for them, recovery is possible and should be pursued. Not fair to have to live this way, go for it! :yesyes:

jbarker1983
21-10-14, 20:16
You my friend summed it up exactly. All my life I have feared cancer and death never been confirmed to have any cancer but from 19-30 I avoided the doctors never got checked out so now I'm scared I waited to long it's to late if it was cancer. I just went through a colon cancer scare and now have to face this

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Just 11 months ago I had my physical he didn't notice the bumps and I didn't tell him everything was good he said my blood test were excellent all while I went in because I was bleeding going the bathroom so I thought colon cancer

jbarker1983
26-10-14, 15:20
So called to make a appointment to get checked because of how long the lumps have been there and my lack of symptoms they didnt rush me in right away so I got to go in 2 weeks :( so scared that it's gonna be cancer. Anyone else with helpful info till then I'd appreciate it

jbarker1983
02-11-14, 20:48
Doctors appointment in two days getting really scared

jbarker1983
05-11-14, 16:01
Went to the doctor and he seems to think there is nothing to worry about and scheduled me for a ultrasound for piece of mind I hope he's right

jbarker1983
29-12-14, 15:19
So after putting off the ultrasound I'm finally getting it done tomorrow praying results are good wish me luck guys!!

jbarker1983
30-12-14, 23:52
Had my ultrasound now waiting on the results the technician thinks everything looked good

jbarker1983
03-01-15, 01:46
Results came back normal feeling relived

plscomeandhelp
13-02-15, 07:54
Just to relieve some of your anxiety for you, is it normal for one testicle to be a little bigger than the other.