PDA

View Full Version : Freaking again!!! grrr

heather1
19-09-14, 23:38
hi all....I may ramble here so apologies in advance...

but to cut a long story short I was upped to 100mg of sertraline about a month ago....made me feel worse and since being on 50mg a month previous noticed I was gaining weight....so two weeks ago I stopped them...
well last Friday came and I was feeling a bit anxious so I took 50mg, then Saturday morning I had a dull ache in the (Deirdre from corrie) muscle in my left side from neck...I say Deirdre from corrie for all you English folks who watch it should know what I mean...
well so I took another 50mg....then my neck was aching...so I panicked as my glands were also up. my mum was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year, so I that's why I worried.

I had drs app on Wednesday and she said I had a high temp and my throat was red so said it was a viral infection.... well with health anxiety up I made an appointment for the next day..(yesterday)
I went in again told it was viral as my tonsils aswell are swollen and a bit pusey but I have no sore throat...
I had upset stomach in the morning, and on and off all day I had sharp pains across my stomach (below boobs) and also right at the bottom (where you get monthly pains) both feel like wind and a lot of gurgling going on... I was absolutely knackered yesterday.

today im not 100% but better than yesterday. but now im getting pain in my chest just under my left boob and am now worrying its my heart!
im scared!!

Fishmanpa
19-09-14, 23:42
hi all....I may ramble here so apologies in advance...

but to cut a long story short I was upped to 100mg of sertraline about a month ago....made me feel worse and since being on 50mg a month previous noticed I was gaining weight....so two weeks ago I stopped them...
well last Friday came and I was feeling a bit anxious so I took 50mg, then Saturday morning I had a dull ache in the (Deirdre from corrie) muscle in my left side from neck...I say Deirdre from corrie for all you English folks who watch it should know what I mean...
well so I took another 50mg....then my neck was aching...so I panicked as my glands were also up. my mum was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year, so I that's why I worried.

I had drs app on Wednesday and she said I had a high temp and my throat was red so said it was a viral infection.... well with health anxiety up I made an appointment for the next day..(yesterday)
I went in again told it was viral as my tonsils aswell are swollen and a bit pusey but I have no sore throat...
I had upset stomach in the morning, and on and off all day I had sharp pains across my stomach (below boobs) and also right at the bottom (where you get monthly pains) both feel like wind and a lot of gurgling going on... I was absolutely knackered yesterday.

today im not 100% but better than yesterday. but now im getting pain in my chest just under my left boob and am now worrying its my heart!
im scared!!

It's never wise to stop taking SSRIs without a doctor's supervision so it's no wonder you've had some side effects. Other than that, you have a diagnosed viral infection. You're gonna feel off on top of the readjustment to the meds.

sPoitive thoughts

heather1
19-09-14, 23:55
thank you, I went straight back on them when I started to feel off again...but I just panic...eugh it sucks! I know its viral but my mind was in such a state about it I just didn't believe it...I didn't realise I would feel so bad coming of the meds as I handnt been on them long enough! 2 months at most.
the pains in the bottom of my stomach have gone for now...but an hour ago they were achy and sore....like reeeally bad wind (sorry tmi)

Fishmanpa
20-09-14, 00:17
thank you, I went straight back on them when I started to feel off again...but I just panic...eugh it sucks! I know its viral but my mind was in such a state about it I just didn't believe it...I didn't realise I would feel so bad coming of the meds as I handnt been on them long enough! 2 months at most.
the pains in the bottom of my stomach have gone for now...but an hour ago they were achy and sore....like reeeally bad wind (sorry tmi)

I was on Zoloft (sertraline) for about 6 months while dealing with depression after my first heart attack. It helped but it messed big time with my stomach and bowels... nuff said ;)

Positive thoughts