PDA

View Full Version : Feeling worse each day.

Wilburis
28-12-06, 12:17
Hi. Hope everyone had a fab Christmas.

My attacks seem to be spiralling out of control. I am getting worse everyday. I think Im dying. If I wake up in the morning, its a bonus.

I constantly have a weight on my chest, and cant breathe properly. My eyes go funny and I get really bad afterimages which freak me out and make things worse.

Oh, and Im 6 weeks pregnant.

Has anyone else taken meds during early pregnancy? If so, what were they and how long do they take to start working?

Thanks - Liz xx

domino
28-12-06, 12:29
Just wanted to say hope you feel abit better soon,i would contact your g.p. about how you are feeling, could be the old hormones thing, take care. lorraine.:D

Nel
28-12-06, 12:54
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I'm sure there are meds you can use safely hon, ring the doc and get an appointment. Hope you feel better soon (as Lorraine says, hormones will be playing a part - as your pregnancy progresses they should calm down!). Take care x

shoegal
28-12-06, 13:22
Congratulations on your pregnancy. :D

Please go and see your Doctor as I'm sure they can prescribe something that will be safe for your baby.
I'm sure it's just the hormones making you feel worse..... you are not dying!

Hope you feel better soon.

shoegal xxx

ardyce
05-01-07, 21:23
Hi Liz

I am 31 weeks pregnant today and must say that pregnancy has actually been good for my nerves! I have only had ONE PA during the last 7 months and was averaging about 1 a month before that. i think part of the relief I am having is from pregnancy hormones working in my favor andalso just knowledge and CLaire Weekes books....ect....just a variety of things really .....but pregnancy in itself does not have to be miserable.....I do have health anxiety and worry some about silly typical stuff.....but no more than i did before I was pregant.

congratulations!

Ardyce

Wilburis
06-01-07, 13:03
Hi all.

Thanks for replying.

I had a scan yesterday as I had early spotting.

Everything appears to be fine.

Since finding out I am pregnant my anxiety has gone through the roof!!

I constantly tune into my heartbeats, this makes my breathing go funny, then I start to feel dizzy!!!

My Doc does not want to give me meds during the first 3 months. The Doc at the hospital yesterday agreed with him. They both said that if I was feeling really bad to take a Diazepam. Now, I have read on the net that it can cause cleft palette and cleft lip but the Doc at the hospital looked in his medical book and said it was safe to take as and when needed. This is driving me crazy.

I am going to try hypnotherapy now. Has anyone had experience of this, does it work?

I do suffer from health anxiety as well. For instance, I had an ECG, so there are no problems with my heart. So now I think I must have a brain tumour as I get dizzy. I had a full blood count to check for anaemia. If I did have a tumour, would something show up in the blood count?!?!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Ardyce - congratulation on your pregnancy, do you know what you are having?? Are you not worried about the birth??

Take care

Lizzie xx

fightingonstill
06-01-07, 13:08
Hi Lizzie
Just wanted to comment on the hypno you ask about as i had a course of NLP Hypno, though i wasnt pregnant, to get myself on a flight to Mexico which i never thought i could do and to also combat the driving panic attacks.
Well i got on the flight there and back lol without panicking too much although anxiety was still quite high and my driving has got better although pa's have not stopped, so i do think it helped but was not a magic cure for me. The actual hypno sessions were an achievement for me alone as the thought of relaxing in a strangers company sent my anxiety through the roof but i fought it and still went.
Unfortunatley it was quite expensive and we could not afford to keep it up or i would still probably go.
Hopw this helps abit
Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way.
Nikki