View Full Version : Lymph nodes - What so yours feel like?

lb76696
20-09-14, 15:12
I know there's a thread about whether people can feel them, but for those who can, what do they feel like? Are they palpable? I have felt three or four in my neck. All fairly firm but movable. All currently pea sized. The Doctor described them as 'shotty lymph nodes'. Basically, is that what you are feeling too?

nomorepanic
20-09-14, 15:43
You posted this before and got replies:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=159831

lb76696
20-09-14, 16:18
I was asking more specifically about the feel of them, sorry.

70sgirl
21-09-14, 01:11
Yup that's how mine feel. My son has some huge ones on one side of his neck but they've always been like that - he's super skinny so they visibly stick out. Mentioned it to the doc once during his check up but he said they are normal sized, which he said is roughly the size of your finger pad. I never give them a second thought now. :)

Nullus
21-09-14, 02:26
ive found a small cure to thinking my nodes are enlarged, specifically the ones in my neck,

Try switching hands. you might notice like i did that my gland always felt enlarged when i felt with my left index finger and thumb.. but when i switch hands and feel with my right index finger and thumb it feels fine, but the other side feels large.

try this. hope this helps.

lb76696
21-09-14, 16:04
I've just felt mine again and there's a another lump there. This is a cluster of three pea size nodes, practically touching each other. Can people feel there's in clusters? Is this an example of spreading?

70sgirl
21-09-14, 20:03
Yes that's normal - they are often in clusters!

Fishmanpa
21-09-14, 20:33
I don't know. I had almost all of them removed from the left side of my neck due to cancer which is what you're worried about and DON'T have! Keep on poking and prodding and you'll make them swell and hurt.

Positive thoughts

lb76696
22-09-14, 13:42
I've just applied for counselling through my Uni for this. I know I have severe health anxiety issues anyway so need it, but I'm so scared that admitting I have a problem means this time the illness they will counsel me over will actually be something serious. I feel like I'm getting more lymph nodes which are swollen. I'm just so scared that because I've done this things will be bad and symptoms will progress.

lb76696
22-09-14, 21:59
I keep saying it but I'm pretty sure the night sweats are going to start in the next few nights. I'm absolutely terrified now. No one I've spoke to on here seems to have swollen nodes that sound like the ones the Doctor found on me.