PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this problem with HA?

ShaunRyder
20-09-14, 20:03
It might be a pretty common thing associated with HA, but eveytime I hear something on the news or just in general about an illness or someone being diagnosed with something (mainly cancer) you automatically start getting the symptoms?

I've always had a worry over testicular cancer, today i heard that a footballer had been diagnosed with it and he said he was getting severe pains in testicles, now I have never had any pains in that area, until I read this, I wouldn't say severe pains but poor of a discomfort down there.
I had this a few weeks ago when i heard of someone diagnosed with a brain tumour i all of a sudden started getting all the symptoms as soon as I heard about it, why is this? And does anyone else get this?:doh:

Sam100322
20-09-14, 20:08
Have you posted this before? I swear I've read this thread before I'm getting de ja vu lol.

ShaunRyder
20-09-14, 20:10
Lol not me, maybe i should of searched first see if anyone else had posted it haha :whistles:

Sam100322
20-09-14, 20:13
It's ok my minds just playing tricks on me I think. That's what happens when you hear something like on the news man has cancer or pains from an illness our brains think it up and think could I have this or ive got pain there I don't know if I'm making any sense here lol

Nullus
21-09-14, 02:30
yes.

My grandfather had heart issues, i think i have heart issues.

My grandmother died of colon cancer, ive convinced myself that i have it.

My coworker has non smoking mouth cancer, then i thought i had it.

H1N1 scare last year... i could have sworn i had it 15 times.

so yea i can totally relate.

Vixen5
21-09-14, 02:35
I think it's normal... or it is for me anyway. My HA is heart related so if I hear of anyone having a heart attack or heart disease etc, I immediately start to feel chest pains and pains in my arm. It took my a while to accept that it was all anxiety related.

RaverNeko
21-09-14, 06:23
I get the same thing to an extent. Seeing anything health related, like Dr. House or even a hospital on Google Maps drives my health anxiety to the extreme. I absolutely hate it...