PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety has taken over

xaudrax
21-09-14, 01:11
Hi guys.

I'm new here. I've suffered from HA since 2009. It's robbed me of years of happiness.

I can't seem to get put of my dark hole this time.

I'm back to daily or weekly convincing myself that I have something wrong with me.

Cancer. .MS..blood clots.

How do you cope? My work schedule doesn't allow for mon-fri counseling sessions. My marriage is suffering. I'm suffering.

Tonight my bottom jaw started feeling bruised so I'm convinced my jaw is rotting from cancer.

It's a never ending cycle of fear and pain. I cry so much.

Katie_cupcakes
21-09-14, 01:26
I can only empathise as I feel exactly the same. It's always some thing else.
At the moment I'm thinking that I have cancer spreading into my hip. It must sound absurd to people who don't have HA.
I make lists of things which I have been convinced iv had over the past few months. Usually when I look at the list it helps put things into perspective..like there's no way I can have all these things or I'd be dead by now! It makes me feel better for a short while until I get another pain or some thing. A few of the things I was totally convinced I have have been totally ruled out from tests. Like Hiv, cervical cancer and diabetes.
I went to the doctors because of pain which I think is my liver. He said its muscular and gave me a prescription for ibuprofen. I haven't taken any because I'm afraid that if it is my liver like I think it is then it won't be able to cope with medication and will fail.
I wish I could help more, all I can say is I know exactly how it feels. It's taking over my life. X

swgrl09
21-09-14, 01:36
I really feel for you. I have been like this for a few years now too. Sometimes it is better, sometimes it is worse.

Sometimes you can find a counselor who will have Saturday hours or late evening/early morning hours. It takes searching around your area, but hopefully there are some.

In the meantime, maybe check out CBT4Panic ... there is a link on one of these threads here for a free version (a self-help course online). It can be useful. It is geared towards panic attacks, but it has helped me with HA as well. It kind of puts things into perspective.

Does your doctor know how much you are suffering with anxiety? Lexapro helped mine a lot. Meds aren't the only answer, but can give some relief so you can keep living.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Here is the program:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131666