PDA

View Full Version : New to Venlaflaxine....

HunniBee
21-09-14, 16:51
Hi all,

I'm due to start Venlaflaxine tomorrow after Fluoextine just not working anymore & I just wondered what to expect, bit worried!

HB xx

Baggs
21-09-14, 17:13
I took this some years ago and it was absolutely brilliant with no real side-effects. I think that it made me feel normal but I was so unacustomed to feeling normal that it was wonderful. I wish you all the best.

HunniBee
21-09-14, 19:16
Thanks Baggs :)

HB xx

HunniBee
22-09-14, 21:40
Is it usual to feel a bit numb when taking these? I'm kinda feeling like a bit numb & just like I don't really care about much, is that normal?

HB xx

spamvicious
23-09-14, 11:49
That will pass, its just levelling you out before it builds up the right amount of serotonin etc. I will say that you have to be very careful not to miss any tablets. It doesn't happen to everyone but when I missed a days dosage (2 tablets) by the next day I was in complete withdrawal, panic attacks, nausea, shaking etc. It was settled within hours of taking the next dose but its not nice to go through. So make sure theres no shortage at the chemist and you have enough tablets etc.

You might not get any of those symptoms if you miss a dose but I just wanted to warn you so you don't have to go through it in case your body reacts like mine. Its worth it tho, I changed my anti depressant to citalopram because of this, 2 months ago and it was the worst mistake of my life. I was nearly sectioned. It wasn't down to the venlafaxine, it was a mistake by the doctor and it was handled very badly. I'm now slowly reintroducing venlafaxine and after 4 days i'm already seeing the smallest improvements.

HunniBee
24-09-14, 10:43
Thanks Spamvicious, that really helps :)

To be honest even though it's only the third day of taking them I'm starting to see improvements, I feel brighter & not as anxious as I usually feel which is good. I just hope it continues!

I'm glad you are back on the ones that worked & that you are starting to feel better :) long may it continue!

HB xx

hopey
17-12-14, 17:55
found this information quite uplifting. thanks so much to you all hopey