PDA

View Full Version : my health anxiety

georgeyantdog
21-09-14, 18:17
hi all very new , and very scared im 33 and suffered from anxiety/depression for a number of years , i recently stopped taken my medication a couple of months ago ( venlafaxine 150mg ) since then ive been to a and e twice , first time they took lots of blood tests and all came back negative apart from a slight raise in white cell count. Also had several ecg's and nothing there that they said was wrong. Both times i was discharged from hospital within the same day. i am now taking sertraline 50mg but have only been on this for a short time. My problem is i cant get out of bed i feel so dizzy and get like a strange pain in my head its like a short sharp stabbing pain i usually get when about to fall asleep. ( im so fatiqued i havnt had a good nights sleep in maybe 2 months ) it sort of wakes me up when i get it and i get very hypo as though i have to do something. I also have chronic wind its really really bad and quite uncomftable along with the tremors , eye pressure ear ache and pains across my face. all doctors have said its health anxiety i just finding it extremley diffuclut to accept there isnt something physical that is causing this. ( ive had anxiety a long time and have never felt this ill.) i was just kinda hoping if anyone has had similar issues with symptoms like this and if they no of any coping techniques. Yesterday i was in a complete state of panic for over 6 hours it was horrible trying to fight the urge to phone 999. apoligies about my spelling

dac0273
21-09-14, 19:29
Hi George , I have felt the same today wanting to go to a & e but didn't want to sit there for hours. I get the pressure in my eyes pains in my face head ache towards the back oft head pains in my left arm and shoulder, which I convince myself it's heart attack , so today I'm nearly having stroke or brain annyeurism , heart attack , it's terrible isn't it , I'm waiting for cbt , but I've just been taking deep breaths and trying to meditate and it does calm you down . Hope your feeling better soon think we all need to stop thinking too much about worse case scenario x