PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Saskia1
22-09-14, 11:46
A little bit about me ... I have suffered with anxiety since the age of 17 I'm now 37 although I do not have ill blown panic attacks anymore I do suffer with anxiety and OCD thoughts.

I'm struggling at the moment with been in a new relationship and my OCD thoughts and obsessive traits have started.

When I think about it my anxiety is coming from been in love with someone who is unsure about his future and he thinks he may struggle in a long term relationship but yet tells me I'm the one and it scares him bit he loves me and I have nothing to worry about.

So this were my anxiety has it the roof and have started with obsessively checking my phone and Facebook .... Am I getting any relief from it sometimes and then sometimes not.

I really could do with some advice as I keep nearly ending it but we get on so well other than this which is causing problems for me.

Baggs
22-09-14, 18:26
Welcome to NMP. I don't have any advice but I'm sure there are others who will. I wish you all the best.

teg5078
23-09-14, 00:54
Welcome!

What causes me the most anxiety is worrying about the past as well as the future. We all have to learn to live in the now. I guess my best advice would be just to go with the flow, our egos have a tendency to look towards the future and the past, but not the now, which causes us worry and anxiety of course.

I have also found that Facebook has given me a lot of anxiety as well as my phone, I try not to be on it so much. Facebook got in the way of me and my boyfriends relationship, I became obsessed of looking at his page and things from the past that didn't even matter "in the now" and caused me to lose my appetite and just be worried. I would stop going on Facebook so much, I am close to deleting mine though I do use it to keep in touch with foreign friends, so I'm sort of stuck. Best of luck to you though, I'm sure everything will work out..we all have to learn how to put our mind at rest! As Eckhart Tolle states, "You are not your mind!"

Best,
T